• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer around the Great Lakes.

SpartyOn

There is nothing more special than the Summer time around the lakes. Camping, kayaking, hiking, weekend trips, swiming, cabins and Bonfires.! This what it's all about.

Brag here! Post pictures and stories!

72 hours from now Sparty will be boarding a ferry to North Manitou Island for a backpacking trip.

In 3 weeks a legendary pine river kayaking trip is set.

Then to end the Summer a week long backpack on Isle Royale!!!!!

In summer you almost have to go far north to camp... Anywhere around L Superior should be perfect spot to go.

This. I went camping around the islands area on Lake Erie on Thursday-Sunday and let me tell you I was baking, especially Thursday. It was 87 at 11:30 PM on Thursday. Luckily those horrible storms cooled things off Friday & Sunday but still MI-WI-MN is where you gotta be this time of year

Sounds like a wonderful set of trips. The pine river, it that the pine around Cadillac, MI? I never been to Isle Royal but it's a gem in Lake Superior and a place I'd like to visit one day. Hope ya get lots of pictures and would like to see them posted.

Mike

MI in summertime has potential to be pure heaven for all the things Sparty mentioned. Water everywhere, scenery, etc. But when the weather is like this, I spend much more time cooped up indoors than I do during the winter months. Summer, such a great time to be in the great outdoors. Riiiiiight. Wake me up in September, THEN your talking about being outdoors!!!

Sounds like you have some cool plans SpartyOn! Isle Royale has been on my list of place to visit for awhile.

Wouldn't have a big campfire if it was above 60°. Should be pretty pleasant on the islands though for that.

Sounds like you have some cool plans SpartyOn! Isle Royale has been on my list of place to visit for awhile.

Wouldn't have a big campfire if it was above 60°. Should be pretty pleasant on the islands though for that.

Isle Royale from what I hear is amazing. It's a bucket list destination for many. The island itself is very diverse with plenty of wolves and moose. Most def I'm geeked.

MI in summertime has potential to be pure heaven for all the things Sparty mentioned. Water everywhere, scenery, etc. But when the weather is like this, I spend much more time cooped up indoors than I do during the winter months. Summer, such a great time to be in the great outdoors. Riiiiiight. Wake me up in September, THEN your talking about being outdoors!!!

Personal preference too each their own. The fall has its pro cons. My biggest reason I cram it all in the Summer is the amount of daylight. More time and light is bonus when your walking endless miles. Kayaking for me must be done in JJA. You get a 60 degree Septemer day on the water and it sucks! You feel raw.

Only thing I like about outdoor winter fun is snow shoes ! It's a blast. But like you for most of the winter I lock my ass in my house and dream about 80s.

Archived