• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Coastal Storm Discussion...April 22-23, 2012...

ag3

I wasn't trying to create an argument about it.. I glanced at the forecast, didn't see anything out of the ordinary and took it for what it was worth..

Yea, may it change? Of course... But if we go with your logic, what are you basing your miserable forecast on?

The GFS and the ECMWF. NWS is catching on this afternoon.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im happy we got the needed rain but this storm needs to get the hell out of here now. If you enjoy yesterday and today's weather you need to get you're head checked.

Problem is, 2 new storms, one for Thursday and especially one for Saturday-Monday looks to ruin the entire week with gloomy and chilly weather.

Problem is, 2 new storms, one for Thursday and especially one for Saturday-Monday looks to ruin the entire week with gloomy and chilly weather.

Funny how today and tomorrow's temps are very close to normal, maybe 2-4 degrees below and yet we're complaining about how chilly it is. Thursdays temp might be at or slightly above normal. I guess the wind element doesn't make things any better either though but we're really not that far off from normal reality.

This is just how crazy the warmth has been that the seasonal temperatures feel chilly to a lot of us. Constant 70s and 80s are normally reserved from mid May into the summer, not March and April so I welcome the seasonal feel to late April.

Not too happy about the prospects of more rain though this week, I kind of wanted a dry week after the weekend deluge before we get more rain.

Funny how today and tomorrow's temps are very close to normal, maybe 2-4 degrees below and yet we're complaining about how chilly it is. Thursdays temp might be at or slightly above normal. I guess the wind element doesn't make things any better either though but we're really not that far off from normal reality.

This is just how crazy the warmth has been that the seasonal temperatures feel chilly to a lot of us. Constant 70s and 80s are normally reserved from mid May into the summer, not March and April so I welcome the seasonal feel to late April.

Not too happy about the prospects of more rain though this week, I kind of wanted a dry week after the weekend deluge before we get more rain.

Yesterday was a -8 departure and Sunday was a -5 departure.

I'm talking about today and the next few days, Sunday and Monday were both rather chilly, yesterday actually felt really chilly with the wind and temps only in the low to mid 50s.

Lows temp though. Tonight should fall to the lower 40's.

I believe the average high temp for today is around 64-65 as well.

Lows temp though. Tonight should fall to the lower 40's.

I believe the average high temp for today is around 64-65 as well.

Today's high of 58 and a low of 42 (occurred at 7am), should put NYC at a -5 to -6 departure for today.

It's crazy. The Gfs has mid 30's temps and a mix bag.

GFS looks too warm but the 12z EURO got colder from 00z.

this setup looks better than the one this past week if there's any sort of potential... we had a snowstorm before halloween so it would be fitting to get one right after my birthday as well. never say never, although if we do get snow it isn't going to stick in the city.

With regards to climatology, what's more likely, seeing accumulating snow on October 28-30 or April 28-30?

Averages for late October are about 3-4 degrees lower than April 28-30 and the sun angle for late October is much lower than late April. However, the ocean temperatures are likely colder in late April than late October and there is still plenty of cold air to the north in late April while it just starts to build in late October. So what's better.

With regards to climatology, what's more likely, seeing accumulating snow on October 28-30 or April 28-30?

Averages for late October are about 3-4 degrees lower than April 28-30 and the sun angle for late October is much lower than late April. However, the ocean temperatures are likely colder in late April than late October and there is still plenty of cold air to the north in late April while it just starts to build in late October. So what's better.

This is a no brainer...more likely to see October snow than late April...

This is a no brainer...more likely to see October snow than late April...

If we take early April and early November, which have about equivalent average temperatures, it's much more likely to see snow in April. We've seen quite a few accumulating snow events April 1-15th in NYC compard to November 1-15th (virtually none). I'd say early April has about the same chances as late November in terms of accumulating snowfalls. Late April probably more or less the same as late October, given the cooler ocean temps compensate for higher avg air temps.

GFS looks too warm but the 12z EURO got colder from 00z.

this setup looks better than the one this past week if there's any sort of potential... we had a snowstorm before halloween so it would be fitting to get one right after my birthday as well. never say never, although if we do get snow it isn't going to stick in the city.

Heard that before. :weenie:

I know it won't happen but to play devil's advocate it needs to be mentioned.

Did you look at the text soundings? The text soundings are showing temperatures between 36 and 38, thicknesses around 540, and 850s of -4 to -6. It might be best to do your own research before posting.

I forgot the "jk" on the end of that. That's my bad. I'm not one to start ****. Apologies for any confusion.

If you like weather, you should want to see it. You always want to see records.

Having anything close to a repeat of October with heavy wet snow is definitely something I'd rather not go through again. If it's just some wet snow falling I would want to see it happen even in late April, especially after a season like this when it almost never snowed.

I rather kill myself if it ever see a heavy wet snow even similar what we see saw in October but don't forgot the Euro showed snow last week for the area and the GFS has heavily back out of this solution. Lately I don't trust what the Euro lately what it's crazy snowy solution. Next it will show a blizzard this weekend and then it will show a heavy wet snow for Memorial Day weekend. Come on let's stick with reality. Of course what I said was not literally about seeing snow in late April or May. The point is that it would another disaster like the October storm with widespread power outage and with leaves in almost full bloom. It is really time to leave this winter behind and hope next winter will be better that is the point I am trying to make.

I rather kill myself if it ever see a heavy wet snow even similar what we see saw in October but don't forgot the Euro showed snow last week for the area and the GFS has heavily back out of this solution. Lately I don't trust what the Euro lately what it's crazy snowy solution. Next it will show a blizzard this weekend and then it will show a heavy wet snow for Memorial Day weekend. Come on let's stick with reality.

If there actually was reality, not much of that in recent months.

I rather kill myself if it ever see a heavy wet snow even similar what we see saw in October but don't forgot the Euro showed snow last week

Please tell me your joking, otherwise I wouldn't expect you to live long given that's how you'd react to frozen water....

Archived