• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Coastal Storm Discussion...April 22-23, 2012...

ag3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this went as planned and actually impressed with LGA!

Yup I live 4 miles east of LGA and the winds really howled for a while last night. I'd say it went exactly as planned. I think people thought they were getting a mini Irene which was never the case.

Yup I live 4 miles east of LGA and the winds really howled for a while last night. I'd say it went exactly as planned. I think people thought they were getting a mini Irene which was never the case.

I was happy to see that we finally saw the heaviest rains here since September. I think that this was the most boring

stretch here since the winter of 2001-2002. ;)

Bouy 44039 over the LI sound, had peak wind gust at 60mph, shortly after midnight:

http://www.ndbc.noaa...&time_label=EDT

The buoy is located by Riverhead.

There were two 60mph gusts recorded. One at 12:53am and one at 1:15am. Sustained winds were also 30mph at those times.

So winds of 30mph with gusts to 60mph for at least a half hour straight.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44039

Seriously... I don't know what some are complaining about.. The models came together a few days ago and depicted exactly what occurred... You can quibble about this or that, but overall this storm has performed just as we anticipated it would... To say otherwise would just be disingenuous

Next weekend, while somewhat cool should be fantastic... And as someone else said, this past saturday was beautiful..

We have NOTHING to complain out... It's been a beautiful spring and we finally got much needed rain... By May 1st everything will be in full bloom and hopefully we'll be able to get temps from the upper 60's into the upper 70's, daily with some rain here and there..

I know. Isn't it better to get it all in one day than have on and off rain every weekend of the month? We've been so spoiled that people expect 75 and sunny every Saturday in April which is ridiculous.

And yes the GFS has amounts around or even below the 2" mark most of the last few runs leading up to the storm, so it actually was too low, and most of the models backed off the 4"+ amounts by Friday.

Seriously... I don't know what some are complaining about.. The models came together a few days ago and depicted exactly what occurred... You can quibble about this or that, but overall this storm has performed just as we anticipated it would... To say otherwise would just be disingenuous

Next weekend, while somewhat cool should be fantastic... And as someone else said, this past saturday was beautiful..

We have NOTHING to complain out... It's been a beautiful spring and we finally got much needed rain... By May 1st everything will be in full bloom and hopefully we'll be able to get temps from the upper 60's into the upper 70's, daily with some rain here and there..

Fantastic? Highs in the low 50s with a steady light rain on Saturday is REALLY fantastic!

He's talking about NEXT weekend.

Yes, next weekend.. As per the forecast, (RIGHT NOW) for my location.. It looks fantastic..

NYZ177-232100-

NORTHERN NASSAU-

952 AM EDT MON APR 23 2012

.TODAY...CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS AFTERNOON. BREEZY

WITH HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S. SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF

RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. BREEZY

WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS

UP TO 30 MPH.

.TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY

SUNNY. A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. BREEZY WITH HIGHS IN THE

UPPER 50S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST

WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH IN THE EVENING.

.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. WEST WINDS 10 TO

15 MPH.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS

IN THE LOWER 60S.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

LOWS IN THE MID 40S.

.FRIDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS AROUND 40.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 60.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S.

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S.

Actually, I posted the Northen Nassau County Forecast.. For whatever silly reason, UPTON has the temps being a bit "higher" 10 miles away in Nortwestern Suffolk... haha..

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 60.

Actually, I posted the Northen Nassau County Forecast.. For whatever silly reason, UPTON has the temps being a bit "higher" 10 miles away in Nortwestern Suffolk... haha..

You choose to believe every word of the NWS forecast 5 days out, I choose to make my own. We'll see who's right in the end.

Yeah I didn't see anything that showed light rain and low 50s.

Yeah I didn't see anything that showed light rain and low 50s.

Looks at the models. GFS has rain for Saturday mid-morning and on. The rest of the suite also has near miss or light rain for Saturday evening.

Timing of the warm front will determine that.

You choose to believe every word of the NWS forecast 5 days out, I choose to make my own. We'll see who's right in the end.

I wasn't trying to create an argument about it.. I glanced at the forecast, didn't see anything out of the ordinary and took it for what it was worth..

Yea, may it change? Of course... But if we go with your logic, what are you basing your miserable forecast on?

Archived