• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Predict your final March temperature anomaly

Hoosier

FWA ended +14.2. Not even close to my +16.8 prediction. It was still an amazingly warm month though. My high prediction was based mostly on models returning to mega torch conditions which never materialized. This weekend is an example of that. Was originally predicted to be in the upper 70's yesterday and 80's today and tomorrow. :poster_oops:

It still has been at or above normal for the past week, but nothing like what was progged.

FWA ended +14.2. Not even close to my +16.8 prediction. It was still an amazingly warm month though. My high prediction was based mostly on models returning to mega torch conditions which never materialized. This weekend is an example of that. Was originally predicted to be in the upper 70's yesterday and 80's today and tomorrow. :poster_oops:

It still has been at or above normal for the past week, but nothing like what was progged.

I made the same false assumption. The month ended up finishing +15.7 (although there is missing data in the F6 for March 30).

Just imagine if the new climate normals didn't go into effect until this summer. We could have tacked on another degree or two to these departures. I made a little excel spreadsheet to model the potential departures. If this heat spell breaks at the end of the week and the rest of the month has more typical highs around 50 and lows near 40, then the month will still end up +12.

I will play it conservative and go with +13 at CLE.

Perfect guess, CLE ended up at +13.0

Archived