• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE snow conference March

mahk_webstah

What was your peak? Did you make it to 3 feet?

We peaked at 37-38" here in early February. Still have about 7-8" of frozen cement on the ground in most spots on average, but its getting pretty ugly looking. Not that I prefer dead grass under it though.

My snowpack peaked at about 33" during the first week of Feb...but snowfall was around normal.

Good so far!! Only problem was that the icebreaker presenter was supposed to go an hour...I left about 1:50 in and still going strong! Need sleep....

See you folks there tomorrow first thing! I'm the map discussion presenter! (oh my...)

--Turtle ;)

P.S. Saw JT already, and hope to see you, too, wxwatcher!

Good so far!! Only problem was that the icebreaker presenter was supposed to go an hour...I left about 1:50 in and still going strong! Need sleep....

See you folks there tomorrow first thing! I'm the map discussion presenter! (oh my...)

--Turtle ;)

P.S. Saw JT already, and hope to see you, too, wxwatcher!

Yeah, that presenter went waaay too long haha

See you tomorrow!

What a LOVELY day here in Taunton...cool but bright and sunny!

Heard that the presenter last night went until 1030 PM or so...WOW!!! Nice guy, but WOW, long winded!

Hope to see more of you here today. JT (KMUWx91) ran up to me last night...nice to see him again...saw him at last year's conference in Baltimore. (He's a student at Millersville now.)

Hope to see more of you here today! REALLY exciting but jam packed day. Oh, JoeD and Hayden will be presenting this afternoon (after me), both on two storms we had this winter (Hayden's got the Boxing Day storm, while Joe will be doing something on the missed storm on Cape Cod from 12/20.

--Turtle ;)

Having an awesome time here Northeastern Storms Conference. Alot of great talks today and have given me lots of idea's of where I to go in the future. Picked up Kocin's books and got then signed by Kocin. Its great seeing Eleanor (Turtle) and Sam (Wxwatcher91) and we're all having a blast here in Taunton. More of you all should have come, lots of good talks and research developments/ papers.

dscn0162r.jpg

Right to Left.

Sam (Wxwatcher91), Paul Kocin, Eleanor (Turtle), JT (KMUWx91)

Hi!

I'm not sure if they will post the actual presentations, but here's the link so you can get to the NESC Agenda (70 page PDF file, FYI).

http://apollo.lsc.vs...id=25&Itemid=40

At least you can see the abstracts for the presentations. Just click on "CLICK HERE for NESC Agenda" and a separate window for the PDF file.

It was a GREAT weekend...and I've got a small group of folks that stayed after the meeting ended for a tour of the office!!!! :thumbsup:

--Turtle ;)

The LSC AMS/NWA would like to thank all of you for attending/supporting the conference. When I was elected as vice president of the club last year we had meetings to discuss who we wanted to speak, and ever since I was a freshman in school for meteorology I have wanted to not only meet Paul Kocin but I dreamed about having him speak at the conference during my college career. Dream come true and wow what a talk. Matt Noyes' talk on Sunday was incredible as well, he is great! The ice breaker speaker Ken is also an incredible motivation and he is so heavily involved in the field. We understand the hotel might not have been the fanciest but we were lucky to even have a conference this year after last years budget problems. This was the only place that would allow us to defer down payment for the conference.

In terms of getting presentations, we are working on how to get them on the site. I will put something on the home page when and if we are able to do that.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Matt Noyes, Me, Paul Kocin

36th Northeastern Storm Conference

Thanks for posting these photos. I attended this conference in 1994 when my friend was considering a career in the field. It was held in Saratoga and Kocin and Howard Bluestein spoke. TWC's Mike Bono was there and I was impressed by how attentively he followed and participated in every discussion.

It's thrilling meeting someone you've always admired. When I was a kid I was a big Phil Rizzuto fan and was able to meet him in the booth before a game in 1992. It was a thrill meeting a legend, but for me the bigger thrill was meeting a famous person who acted the same way in person when the red light was off than he did when it was on. Holy Cow. Baseball doesn't make announcers like him any more. Too boring and too technocratic.

Archived