• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Aircraft photos

Avdave

Nice shots the second time around. Backlighting only works with silloette shots. Should have just converted the first 380 images to B/W's

i dont have any photo programs so if you want to make them B/W, feel free to do so Bow. Thanks

Nice, man. I do some spotting at KRDU on occasion, though the only big iron that comes through here is an American 767 that comes from Heathrow.

My father is actually a 757/767 pilot out of Charlotte for US Airways, though, so he has a lot of neat photos.

Yeah RDU isnt quite big enough for the big birds. The A380 only started here at Dulles last June was every day now only 4 days a week and a Triple 7 the other days. Now that I am about to get my new badge I will have the clearance to go out to the ramp and check it out closer. Cant wait.

Very cool about your father flying for US airways. I bet he has a ton of photos. You should share them if you can.

nice shots dave.

i got to fly 1st class in the nose of a 747 to europe many years ago.

i would love to tour a 380

thanks for sharing

Nice andy, I bet that made the trip even nicer being in 1st class. Yeah you and me both then to tour the A380. I never get tired of seeing it lol

Nice shots! I wanna fly in a A380 sometime, been in every other aircraft.

Thanks snowlover. Me too, one day to Paris my wife and I will go :)

Nice pic Patrick. You guys were able to get out on the tarmac there on the tour? Pretty sweet.

thanks! yeah they allowed us off the bus for a few minutes... they let us in the tower as well!!

6229771922_593aab3173_z_d.jpg

here's the Korean A380 landing during the early morning...

6229770566_386dea5fe6_z_d.jpg

Singapore 747 onto T4...

6229753008_7302fdb32b_z_d.jpg

another view of the emirates..

6233571426_7438907879_z_d.jpg

Lufthansa MD-11 cargo taking off...

6233578654_fb1eca17da_z_d.jpg

Air France A380 landing during the afternoon hours...

6233602374_af65c7d860_z_d.jpg

hope you enjoy!

A 737 Copa airlines, from IAD to Panama

This is my new favorite thread. I live about 1/2 mile west of the approach/takeoff path from Runway 35R/17R and 35L/17L at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and am always outside plane spotting and listening to the live ATC feeds.

I also can not put down Microsoft Flight Simulator and have just about mastered flying and navigating the 737. I would like to to try and enhance my experience with some additional scenery and features but not sure where to get the files. Do you have any suggested sites that I use for this?

Great photos all around so far!

thanks! yeah they allowed us off the bus for a few minutes... they let us in the tower as well!!

6229771922_593aab3173_z_d.jpg

hope you enjoy!

Nice shots Patrick. Can I ask how you managed to get a tour of the ACT at JFK? Do you know someone or what? lol. thats pretty sweet to be able to see inside there.

This is my new favorite thread. I live about 1/2 mile west of the approach/takeoff path from Runway 35R/17R and 35L/17L at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and am always outside plane spotting and listening to the live ATC feeds.

I also can not put down Microsoft Flight Simulator and have just about mastered flying and navigating the 737. I would like to to try and enhance my experience with some additional scenery and features but not sure where to get the files. Do you have any suggested sites that I use for this?

Great photos all around so far!

Sweet David. I live more than half mile but about 10 miles west of the end of runway 30 which is 99% used for take offs from IAD. SO in the afternoon if Im home, I can sit on my deck and know which airline it is flying overhead. You must have some pretty sweet shots living that close to MCO?

As for flight simulator, Im the last person to ask, I never got involved with it though my wife bought it for me a few yrs ago and I never installed it for some reason. I want to get more involved but need to learn much more about it. It sounds like fun and it is easy to get hooked on it.

For scenery there are a couple sites that you could visit. My favorite one is http://www.avsim.com. There is also http://www.flightsim.com. Both of the sites require you to register before you are able to download, but that shouldn't be an issue. They have a vast variety of things that you could download. They also have reviews on some of the more popular paid add-ons, like the PMDG 737, which offers a realistic, more advanced version of the airplane.

For a list of freeware scenery for airports. Here is the site for FS2004 http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html. and FSX http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

The A380 double deckers are awesome, I'd love to fly in one of those things one day. Are the reserved for overseas travel for the most part? I travel frequently by plane and have never had the opportunity to travel in one.

The A380's are only used on LR routes. They are big in the middle east Emirates is the largest buyer of the A380's I believe. Then you have Air France, Singapore Air, Lufthansa, and a few other mainline carriers. You wont see a A380 from JFK to LAX in the near future or if anytime for that matter. They are just awesome to see and cant wait to get on the tarmac and have my pic taken next to it :)

Here is the layout for the Air France A380 at IAD

Upper Deck layout

The complete layout of the A380 for this LR route, as they are adjustable to how many seats it can have

The front landing gear in comparison to a human, it is so large

Archived