• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'd ever base a forecast on the NAM overall, but it has it's uses. Sometimes it will fire a first shot such as out around 72 hours plus ...then watch it lose it on the next run and stink for the next 36 hours. It's main use is mesocale stuff such as where lake effect bands will set up, low level cold air etc.

I have a vivid NAM memory from last year...in the days following Tip's much discussed 50 inch post, the NAM was the model that first caught the trend that killed our Feb 69 repeat. It owes us one that NAM does.

For late tonight -> tomorrow, I'm encouraged that this retro upper low + a nice alignment from our dear lake with give us a redux of Monday night... Here and over in the Berks where the upslope etc. helps.

OVC and 12F here now ...few mini flurries at times. My crazy sister just got here to go riding with her GF's in this wx...bunch of crazy girls in their early 40s. LOL

Lol good kids going bad.

For late tonight -> tomorrow, I'm encouraged that this retro upper low + a nice alignment from our dear lake with give us a redux of Monday night... Here and over in the Berks where the upslope etc. helps.

OVC and 12F here now ...few mini flurries at times. My crazy sister just got here to go riding with her GF's in this wx...bunch of crazy girls in their early 40s. LOL

Naked riding?

I think BOS has gone 291 (or so) days without measurable (based on Barry Burbank) unless they got something last night?

They reported a T on Dec 14, so I don't know if that counts as measurable?

Anyway... the beat goes on

Actually, he says 292 days (as of this morning)

Record is 303 days from 1999-2000

Think about how miraculous it is to seriously challenge that record in the face of what has likely been one of the most - NAO years in recorded history; stop and contemplate that for a moment before offing yourself after the 12z EURO.....I actually hope that we don't get a 1-3" blue-ball clip becaise I think it would be cool the accomplish that said feat if we aren't going to see a decently robust soloution.

Archived