Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Global Temperatures

okie333

1. That is a small area of the Earth.

2. Even so it turns out irrelevant anyways.

3. Why?

4. Because....

5. The 82N thing and 70S thing only count on RSS, not the raw daily channel 5 ascending and descending passes averages.

6. So that covers nearly the entire Earth except 2-3 degrees around each pole

7. That makes the pole area warmth even more irrelevent

8. Chill Out, I wasn't singling you out, I was asking a general question.

I was quite chilled before....and I was just "asking a general question" myself.....and stop bringing irrelevant things into a conversation that I started.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, look in the mirror.

Re-read your first response to this recent topic in this thread (most of your post was based on the 82-90N area and how "to ignore this would be to ignore reality")....then I point out how small the area is. You then ask "should we ignore it?". And I interpretated that as a strawman, thus my response to you, and more detail was provided as to how small the area really was. You then admitted/agreed the area is small and irrelevant, but for some reason (defensive??) told me to "Chill out".

I'm confused as to your reactions to our discussions....??

Re-read your first response to this recent topic in this thread (most of your post was based on the 82-90N area and how "to ignore this would be to ignore reality")....then I point out how small the area is. You then ask "should we ignore it?". And I interpretated that as a strawman, thus my response to you, and more detail was provided as to how small the area really was. You then admitted/agreed the area is small and irrelevant, but for some reason (defensive??) told me to "Chill out".

I'm confused as to your reactions to our discussions....??

I didn't know you thought I was trying to present a strawman arguement.

I didnt know the difference between 80-90N was that much from 50-60N. your right those flat maps make.the arctic appear much larger.

I just looked at it like the poles could be torching and we should take that into consideration because it's the logical thing to do. If we super impose them of say some of the cold anomalies in Canada it may have an affect.

Probably very small affect.

Then I said after looking into it those amsu channels cover most of the globe so the cold is legit.

I would assume that would show in itself that there was no strawman there.

I didn't know you thought I was trying to present a strawman arguement.

I didnt know the difference between 80-90N was that much from 50-60N. your right those flat maps make.the arctic appear much larger.

I just looked at it like the poles could be torching and we should take that into consideration because it's the logical thing to do. If we super impose them of say some of the cold anomalies in Canada it may have an affect.

Probably very small affect.

Then I said after looking into it those amsu channels cover most of the globe so the cold is legit.

I would assume that would show in itself that there was no strawman there.

Great, then we are in agreement.....no chilling needed! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jan '12 GISS....smallest departure from normal in almost 3.5 years:

2008 16 26 65 43 41 34 54 36 53 55 58 49 44 44 27 50 41 55 2008

2009 55 46 48 48 55 61 65 56 65 59 66 60 57 56 50 50 61 63 2009

2010 68 74 85 76 65 55 49 54 53 63 71 43 63 64 67 75 53 62 2010

2011 44 43 57 55 42 49 65 65 49 55 48 45 51 51 43 51 60 51 2011

2012 36

What happened to the 0-2000 data?

And why 3 different time graphs - it's pretty, but why?

Oh my bad.....I thought I added it here;

post-6644-0-02931100-1329273601.png

Raw values are better than observing a trend or an average line.

I rather see what occurs this decade into perhaps 2022 before coming to any conclusions. Weather and Climate are very complex in there own nature and we can not argue against one single entity. When it comes to climate we have to examine every single variable were given.

Lets see how February stacks up overall globally.

I rather see what occurs this decade into perhaps 2022 before coming to any conclusions. Weather and Climate are very complex in there own nature and we can not argue against one single entity. When it comes to climate we have to examine every single variable were given.

Surely the climate observed thus far enables you to reach some conclusions.

BTW

Did you get some nice snow today - The grass is finally hidden here in Cambridge

Surely the climate observed thus far enables you to reach some conclusions.

BTW

Did you get some nice snow today - The grass is finally hidden here in Cambridge

Yeah but it was wet snow. Didnt stick lol. How much did u get? So far man only 51cm, pathetic.

Some conclusions yes but there are many variables. I hate those scientists that blame every single climatic event on human emissions or C02. It bothers me alot. There's still alot we have to learn so I'll give it another couple of years.

I've also noticed Winters and summers have gotten wetter since the PDO shift. 2008, 2009, 2010 were very wet summers in E. Canada and on a yearly basis every year since 2008 has been wetter than normal.

ENSO: -1.046

AMO: -0.030

PDO: -1.38

image45.png

I don't know how long this cool period will last. But it has been a great learning experience for climate science.

From that chart we see that as oceans absorb energy (warming), the deeper waters are currently accumulating energy at a greater rate than the near surface. That deep heat is presently unavailable to warm the atmosphere, but it's just a matter of time before it does.

This is evidence as to where the TOA energy imbalance (due to an enhancement to the greenhouse effect) is attempting to be restored to equilibrium.

I agree with you. But the obvious conclusion so far is that even with all of the major cooling players coming together. The warming indices have shown very good correlations to them with the relative slow period in Earths growing energy imbalance.

Any update on global temps?

We're currently colder than any year of the past decade at the 25,000ft level (400mb). At 14,000ft (600mb) we're also starting to drop off once again, with temps about equal to 2011 right now, although we'll likely fall well below that in the coming weeks.

Is this like those political projections on tv when 12% of the precincts are reporting?

If you mean on this date, then you might be correct.

But I doubt that we can conclude that 2012 is the coldest year on some record with 300+ days to go.

Yep, I'm refering to this current day.

I think we will come on the colder side overall in the AMSU record. We'll see how far that prediction goes.

Yep, I'm refering to this current day.

I think we will come on the colder side overall in the AMSU record. We'll see how far that prediction goes.

it is definitely a good start for not being warmest year on record. Probably not close.

But it may end up the largest disparity in UAH/RSS vs NASA/NCDC globally.

We are most definitely in a cooler period with so many climate indicies pointing that way.

It will be interesting to see the arctic vs the globe this year. And if the cooler global start can help the arctic summer min with a -PDO and -AMO.

http://www.climatece...year-on-record/

Here's one for LEK......

I found it to be one of the most effective summaries of warming since 1881 I'v ever seen

Yes, and as further historical temperature revisions take place (which I'll predict will continue to cool historical temps) the dramatic visual effect will only become even more hyserically alarming.

Archived