• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My CWG thoughts about January temps and snowfall

usedtobe

I wonder if this little EURO fantasy low holds promise for us?

Even if it was slush to rain, it would be something to feed the weenies.

I wouldn't worry about the upper low too much it would have to wait for the trough coming in from the Pacific to do us any good as the digging across to our north would force the low east south of us. However, the timing of all those features will be different on the next run. The more interesting part of the run is it does show lots of higher than normal heights east of iceland which if they were to retrogress would be our first legit negative nao somewhere down the road. that's still a big iff since the model likes building ridges and digging upper lows. That does seem to be something that more of the model runs are pointing at.

However, the gfs ensemble mean at the end of its period still has a strongly negative nao. If you look at the individual members they are all over the place.

I wouldn't worry about the upper low too much it would have to wait for the trough coming in from the Pacific to do us any good as the digging across to our north would force the low east south of us. However, the timing of all those features will be different on the next run. The more interesting part of the run is it does show lots of higher than normal heights east of iceland which if they were to retrogress would be our first legit negative nao somewhere down the road. that's still a big iff since the model likes building ridges and digging upper lows. That does seem to be something that more of the model runs are pointing at.

However, the gfs ensemble mean at the end of its period still has a strongly negative nao. If you look at the individual members they are all over the place.

Time to embrace the coming pattern change and get people to like you again:)

Time to embrace the coming pattern change and get people to like you again:)

I wish I could, the euro ens mean still shows the negative ao and a less than great pacific. The pattern isn't quite as bad as it was but I'd be real surprised if we saw accumulating snow before the middle of the month but I've been surprised many times.

Wes

Joe Daleo gave a nice compliment to the Capital Weather Gang regarding the Jan 2000 storm.

I wish I could, the euro ens mean still shows the negative ao and a less than great pacific. The pattern isn't quite as bad as it was but I'd be real surprised if we saw accumulating snow before the middle of the month but I've been surprised many times.

Archived