• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Holiday week storm(s) discussion

earthlight

yep... and it's not even just the vortices.. the whole entire pattern in the pacific being depicted between the 2 models is completely different.. but again, like you said, sampling is poor out there..

I fricking told earthlight to take his spa profits and buy some weather balloons to launch out in the PAC and in Canada but did he listen to me? nooooo, he went out and bought three more tanning beds. Sheesh.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fricking told earthlight to take his spa profits and buy some weather balloons to launch out in the PAC and in Canada but did he listen to me? nooooo, he went out and bought three more tanning beds. Sheesh.

lol.. no wonder why it's been so warm out lately.. I think the tanning beds might have something to do with it.

On the GFS today, the northern stream has trending slower and less amplified over the Upper Mid-West. While the southern stream is trending to come out faster and stronger. And I think what's causing northern stream to amply faster. If this trend continues tonight, we'll see this more amplified. Of course, we will still need the other models to agree, with this trend:

6z:

12z:

18z:

The storm's definitely not going to turn into any full nor'easter, but this trend does seem to bring back the chance for some light rain/snow showers. It wouldn't surprise me to see Upton reintroduce a chance for rain/snow showers if this trend continues on the GFS.

What would you say the chances are for this to bring more than light precipitation? It's becoming more likely that we could see some scattered rain/snow showers, and although probability isn't high, it will be interesting to see if this storm could produce more than scattered light QPF especially if the trend towards more amplification continues.

Wow...

GFS goes from having the southern vort move too fast and escape to the east to having it trapped below the northern vort because it was too slow.

All in 6 hours, all for a storm 80 hrs out

The timeframe we are looking at is only 60 hours out, I mean, the changes are massive...I can see them, and I really am a complete noob looking at this stuff.

The timeframe we are looking at is only 60 hours out, I mean, the changes are massive...I can see them, and I really am a complete noob looking at this stuff.

Changes will keep happening until the northern vort is sampled.

It's very common in Nina years dominated by strong northern stream shortwaves.

I think we can stick a fork in it, with a storm on Christmas. The southern s/w cuts starts cutting off too far SW and the northern s/w runs out ahead of it. Therefore, missing any connection. The models do have another northern s/w that tries phase with this one 27-28th. But I think it might phase too early, for us along the coast.

I think we can stick a fork in it, with a storm on Christmas. The southern s/w cuts starts cutting off too far SW and the northern s/w runs out ahead of it. Therefore, missing any connection. The models do have another northern s/w that tries phase with this one 27-28th. But I think it might phase too early, for us along the coast.

Yeah. The Christmas one is done.

Let's see what happens with the 27-28th one. Looks like it would be a warm one for the coast, if it happened.

The Christmas one had plenty of cold air, if the storm formed, oh well.

Well, according to the Euro and UKMET there is definitely going to be coastal storm on Tuesday, just don't know the strength or how much cold air it has to work with but both the UKMET and the Euro are close, especially at the start and end.

Woops I meant new years. Lol.

I dont 28th is still on the radar barely. Something could pop from then till the 2nd.

Well, according to the Euro and UKMET there is definitely going to be coastal storm on Tuesday, just don't know the strength or how much cold air it has to work with but both the UKMET and the Euro are close, especially at the start and end.

The 6z GFS has it also. But this one looks too warm for anyone near the coast. The cold air moves out.

Our best shot was the Dec. 25/26 storm, since there would have been plenty of cold air around.

The 6z GFS has it also. But this one looks too warm for anyone near the coast. The cold air moves out.

Our best shot was the Dec. 25/26 storm, since there would have been plenty of cold air around.

12/25-12/26 would have been a small fish. Now is not the time to start playing wreckless football. We're only down one touchdown and its still the first quarter. December 28th-January 5th is the time to watch.

Archived