• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Big Bermuda high off the east coast feeding solid amounts of moisture into the warm sector, looks like a svr threat for sure.

Look at the rest of the run...holy crap... :lightning:

00z CMC also on board for a threat next week as well, and that SLP on it is pretty spectacular.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did? It looked fairly less amplified than the GFS and especially the GGEM.

We're going for snow. We get severe weather like 10-12 months of the year but only chances for snow 3 1/2 months of the year. The 12z Euro was showing snow from the KS/OK and AR/MO border on north basically. And now that's up across NE/IA on the 00z run.

Yeah, today I decided to give up on winter. It just never came! That has to be one of the most boring winters we have ever had. I don't remember ever going a full winter season not getting at least 2 inches for Tulsa. That is unheard of!!!

For Tulsa, the worst seasonal snowfall since the 1950's was 1980-1981 when you got 0.9" of snow. 2004-2005 had 2" :(

I'll wait for the 00z suite of models, but if the 12z Euro/CMC are right, late next week will likely get interesting...

Not to mention the big system before that as well, although that is further north and less likely to get a really solid moist sector thanks to the front currently cutting across parts of the GoM.

Tell me about it. Wild night, Branson got hit by a tornado.

yea alot of places got hit with wind damage or small nado's. I was watching live when they were tracking the one on radar as it moved over branson and west branson. I didnt get to see any videos yet work has been utter hell lately lol, have you seen anything? How bad was the damage do you know? We had alot of lightning and bad wind here, southern polk county had a tornado warning and maybe a small one touched down I heard just south of bolivar(12 miles south of me here)

yea alot of places got hit with wind damage or small nado's. I was watching live when they were tracking the one on radar as it moved over branson and west branson. I didnt get to see any videos yet work has been utter hell lately lol, have you seen anything? How bad was the damage do you know? We had alot of lightning and bad wind here, southern polk county had a tornado warning and maybe a small one touched down I heard just south of bolivar(12 miles south of me here)

It was an EF-2, there were some areas that were more badly damaged than others. Windows blown out, roofs missing, etc.

It seems like all it does around here anymore is storm or the wind blows really hard. At least we aren't getting the snow like the folks in Indiana and Kentucky who are picking up after the tornadoes.

So, it's Springtime?

Not sure why Springfield mentioned severe weather next weekend so early when the models have not been handling that system all that well.

There were a few people who thought it was a good idea to burn leaves today out in the county.. didn't take long to get away from them.

So, it's Springtime?

Not sure why Springfield mentioned severe weather next weekend so early when the models have not been handling that system all that well.

There were a few people who thought it was a good idea to burn leaves today out in the county.. didn't take long to get away from them.

That wouldn't be a problem, except that is basically what it did all winter, too. :D

36 and sleeting here, lol

Had a nasty thunderstorm roll through here last night, woke me up! Didnt sleet here today or anything of that matter just light drizzle off and on but man it sure is cold. Crazy weather....70 one day 37 the next lol. And yea man are people stupid? I seen a few people here lighting fires and burning leaves and such and a few of them had it get away from em as well lol. Hello its windy, mega windy what the hell were you thinking lighting a fire in 40mph winds lmao

00z GFS would be something to behold Saturday across OK/KS/TX into the Ozarks...

Keep in mind this verbatim keeps moving forward along with the runs, something that failed to materialize with several of the longer range fantasies we've seen this year.

Models once again overestimating the amounts of precip for this region this weekend. Most models had us getting a good general 1-1.5 inches areawide. Picked up .60 here today and not seeing much more than that anywhere in MO, except for portions of WC MO, according to radar estimates. Appears parts of NC AR may have fared better, though.

Yeah, this latest event was a nice drought-buster for a sliver of territory in NW TX and SW OK, but for the most part underperformed in areas that needed it most. That corridor from DFW to central AR is already running on a surplus, as they seem to take the brunt of every big rainmaker lately, and this was no exception. Sad to see W TX and the Panhandles teased yet again with verification generally < 0.25".

Archived