• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Yeah it's a bit farther south with precip because the upper low is a bit farther south this run when compared to the 06z NAM. Looks like a larger area of heavier precip but not as intense. It's a little bit slower as well. Heavier snow over N Central OK with 12+ and SW MO/NW AR with 12+.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes NE OK and all of NW AR getting buried this run again. Total precip shield has shifted south but the low placement actually ends up a bit further west at h60. May be trying to compromise now with the GFS.

Now let's see if the GFS plays nice this run. System really cranks up on the NAM. While I know the NAM is overly "wet"... even if you reduce it by approximately 10% or so you are still looking at a decent snow area wide.

Now let's see if the GFS plays nice this run. System really cranks up on the NAM. While I know the NAM is overly "wet"... even if you reduce it by approximately 10% or so you are still looking at a decent snow area wide.

I need it to head back north again. That is a sharp cutoff just across the border in Kansas, lol

I'm going with the 21z SREF... lol

f51.gif

NWS Tulsa sticking to their guns despite the 00z NAM.

FXUS64 KTSA 240317

AFDTSA

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

917 PM CST SUN DEC 23 2012

.DISCUSSION...

LATEST SFC ANALYSIS INDICATES LOW PRESSURE CENTERED JUST EAST OF

KFSM WITH THE COLD FRONT JUST ABOUT TO CLEAR SERN OK AND NWRN

AR. SHORT WAVE TROUGH OVER THE PANHANDLES AT 00Z IS RAPIDLY

TRANSLATING E AND IS OVER WRN OK ATTM. WILL PASS ACROSS THE CWA

TONIGHT PRODUCING SOME MID/HIGH CLOUDS. TRENDS REFLECTED IN

ONGOING FORECAST LOOK GOOD SO NO CHANGES NEEDED THIS EVENING.

SYSTEM THAT WILL BRING US SNOW CHRISTMAS DAY/NIGHT IS TRANSLATING

INTO NRN CA ATTM PER WATER VAPOR IMAGERY. 00Z NAM CONTINUES THE

TREND OF ITS PREVIOUS COUPLE RUNS OF MAINTAINING A MORE NRN TRACK

AS COMPARED TO MANY OF THE OTHER MODELS AS IT SHIFTS ACROSS THE

SRN PLAINS...ALTHOUGH THERE IS SOME HINT OF IT ADJUSTING SLIGHTLY

SOUTH. AT THIS TIME...STILL BELIEVE THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR

TO THE SOUTH OF WHERE THIS MODEL IS CURRENTLY SUGGESTING IT WILL

OCCUR AND THUS OUR WINTER STORM WATCH STILL SEEMS GOOD AS IS FOR

NOW. WILL FRESHEN IT UP BUT AM NOT GOING TO ADD NRN COUNTIES AT

THIS TIME.

I know they are the 06z models, but they moved back NW a bit. Also, Tulsa has pulled the trigger with a Winter Storm Warning for most areas of their forecast region, essentially along and south of US 412. The rest of their forecast area is in a Winter Storm Watch. SGF remains insistent on hugging the EURO...

I know they are the 06z models, but they moved back NW a bit. Also, Tulsa has pulled the trigger with a Winter Storm Warning for most areas of their forecast region, essentially along and south of US 412. The rest of their forecast area is in a Winter Storm Watch. SGF remains insistent on hugging the EURO...

Normally I root for the Euro but let's hope it's wrong in this situation. I'm a little perplexed that since the NW trend has continued for the past 24 hours that NWS/local TV seem to all be sticking to an I-40 storm. This seems inconsistent with the data (outside of the Euro). Maybe since the NAM is spitting out ridiculous snowfall amounts they aren't giving it much merit.

SGF had a good discussion this morning on why they feel this system will eventually end up more in line with the Euro, vs the NAM. A Euro/GFS blend appears the route to go.

And the 12z NAM has trended back a bit further south, which looks a lot like the GFS now. Looking excellent for all of NW AR and most of OK. Anybody from I-44 north in OK and MO will be biting their nails on this one as we will be fighting the dry air and thus a sharp cut-off.

Archived