• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas system

HKY_WX

A mess indeed. I am slated to drive from AVL to Wilmington, NC on Thursday and right now I am strongly considering canceling that business trip. Looks like snow or ice across the entire state at some point Wednesday night and Thursday.

Other thoughts on this?

my thoughts:

You cancel now, nothing happens.

Brandon's Map

Hey DCMetro...In the future you might not want to post the maps from the examiner. The reason Brandon and Allan post at the examiner is it is a source of income for them. The more people that visit the sight the more income for them. Atleast I believe that's how it works. Anyway I'm not trying to be a jerk and Brandon sure wouldn't say anything but I just wanted to let you know. Thanks!

Looks like the new NAM is pretty quick on the snow (or virga) in N. Ga and western Carolinas by 48 hours. By 54 hours it goes to sleet, if its even reaching the ground.

Jeesh lets hope its reaching the ground....I am getting tired of virga storms when the temps are cold enough. Not a fan of winter precip earning into rain, but hey i will certainly take a couple of hours of snow changing to sleet (or even zr). Now if there was just a way to stop the change over :popcorn: i guess at this point we have the cold air, so the sooner the better with the precip, as long as it's heavy enough to overcome the dry air

Looks like the new NAM is pretty quick on the snow (or virga) in N. Ga and western Carolinas by 48 hours. By 54 hours it goes to sleet, if its even reaching the ground.

correct........Looking like a quick sn of 2-4'' over the triad..85h looks good and uvv's look desent over the triad as well...AT 15z thurs....

The frozen ground will play a major roll in this Mod event

xwx

Hey DCMetro...In the future you might not want to post the maps from the examiner. The reason Brandon and Allan post at the examiner is it is a source of income for them. The more people that visit the sight the more income for them. Atleast I believe that's how it works. Anyway I'm not trying to be a jerk and Brandon sure wouldn't say anything but I just wanted to let you know. Thanks!

ok thanks

This is totally off topic I know, but I have been doing some internet marketing type stuff for a while and.. I think these guys definitely need to set up their own blog on their own domain and promote it to locals using forums such as this one etc to get traffic to it. Sites like what they use now tend to make a LOT of money from the ads and they rarely pay the actual writers (the guys driving traffic to their site through social/search engines) even 5% of what they make. It's really pretty freaking lame how many sites do this as the sites would have no success if they weren't basically ripping everyone's work off to make themselves money.

And if anyone is interested in what I'm talking about, I can give you some tips on how to do your own domain/blog and promote it with your own ads/google adsense so you don't get such a low profit margin. The only thing those article sites have going for them is they are more known hence their Google pagerank is definitely higher. You can achieve this by just writing quality content that people enjoy reading on your own.

This is totally off topic I know, but I have been doing some internet marketing type stuff for a while and.. I think these guys definitely need to set up their own blog on their own domain and promote it to locals using forums such as this one etc to get traffic to it. Sites like what they use now tend to make a LOT of money from the ads and they rarely pay the actual writers (the guys driving traffic to their site through social/search engines) even 5% of what they make. It's really pretty freaking lame how many sites do this as the sites would have no success if they weren't basically ripping everyone's work off to make themselves money.

And if anyone is interested in what I'm talking about, I can give you some tips on how to do your own domain/blog and promote it with your own ads/google adsense so you don't get such a low profit margin. The only thing those article sites have going for them is they are more known hence their Google pagerank is definitely higher. You can achieve this by just writing quality content that people enjoy reading on your own.

Yea, I just do it for fun and a place I can put most of my thoughts in one place. I have thought about a website.

This is interesting RDU. I never really gave that much thought. I posted a link to the Examiner for both Brandon and Allan on FB the other day.How does that work out? Does it hurt or help them. I would never want to be a cause of messing up their source of income. Those two are my buds from WAY BACK at the Wright Weather days. :thumbsup:

Archived