• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Forecast 11-12

Pretty good stuff. I've recently been bringing up the same 2 analogs in the 60's and reading your forecast gives me a bit of confidence that I may actually know something. lol. Being a weenie is great though because you don't have to worry about busting.

I was analyzing the tabular monthly ao/nao indexes today and the nao hasn't averaged negative during djf for 3 straight winters since the 60's. It is more common for the ao though. It averaged negative quite a bit in the 60's but the most recent 3 year span was djf was 84-85 to 86-87. That was a pretty decent period for the ec iirc.

I always like seeing what other people have to say so thanks for taking the time. I will say though that I find your jet placement highly unlikely. No way the west(and esecially the pnw) is warmer and drier than average for dec, jan, feb. If you look at a composite map especially for -pdo and la nina it screams cold and wet. I doubt all three of those months have been warmer and drier than average in any la nina, but, prove me wrong.

I have this nagging feeling that this winter is going to be just like last winter in terms of the number of predictions that wind up being wrong. Everyone thought last winter was going to be a dud and it was a bombshell. I feel the opposite is going to happen this winter. I hope I'm wrong!

I have this nagging feeling that this winter is going to be just like last winter in terms of the number of predictions that wind up being wrong. Everyone thought last winter was going to be a dud and it was a bombshell. I feel the opposite is going to happen this winter. I hope I'm wrong!

Well Art, that depended upon where you lived last winter.

Archived