joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Halloween Nor'Easter: 10/29-30

Logan11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lance was great too! He was my advisor... inspiring and challenging but always fun.

I would imagine it would be a very short list, considering most days in Oct have never received measurable snowfall!

http://cstar.cestm.a...a/albrefoct.txt

I'm also wondering why Albany NWS didn't release a Record Event Report for the record 1.6" on the 27th. Someone's slackin at the wheel.

How much snow you up to now Phil?

I'm sitting at around 2.5" on my snowboard... not horrible but a little lower than expected even from the NWS predictions today.

Just lost a decent size branch out back...only 3" of snow. Really makes me wonder how bad this is for areas that still have leaves and got 6"+

Exactly... Folks just a county to our south look like they got into the main band that dropped 1"+ rates for a good period this evening. Didn't quite make it this far north, and thats why we are sitting about 2-3" lower than expected. Still getting some light snow now, but its starting to taper off.

I just had to run into Albany to my Ice Cream Parlor because the alarm was going off. Everything was fine....maybe a power fluctuation caused it?? Anyway, my 2 kids and a neighbor friend came with me to see how things looked out there and the roads turned out to be fine. We got back home, parked the car in the barn and then walked the 20 ft. into the house. I was still in the barn and there was a huge crack. My son yelled RUN!!!!! to my daughter who sprinted as a huge 20 ft. long 6" diameter white pine branch from 100 ft. up landed 2ft. behind my daughter and smashed to pieces. She ran out of a cloud of snow and was fine. Wow....SCARY!!!!!!!! I have a new respect for falling branches! We have about 3-4" here. Thank goodness she's OK.......I would have felt so guilty!!!!!

Also, we had transformers lighting up the sky on the street behind us and now the power is out in the whole neighborhood behind us.....we still have power.

My "official" measurement was 4.1" ...the heavy snow came as close to us as South Berne where 9" fell and 9" also in Greenville.

27 as I woke up and a cold biting breeze ....is this Dec. 15th? LOL

Sounds dangerous! ...it's not a particularly wet snow here....I did shake off some of my trees just to make sure I had no probs and 80% of the leaves are down on the deciduous ones.

I just had to run into Albany to my Ice Cream Parlor because the alarm was going off. Everything was fine....maybe a power fluctuation caused it?? Anyway, my 2 kids and a neighbor friend came with me to see how things looked out there and the roads turned out to be fine. We got back home, parked the car in the barn and then walked the 20 ft. into the house. I was still in the barn and there was a huge crack. My son yelled RUN!!!!! to my daughter who sprinted as a huge 20 ft. long 6" diameter white pine branch from 100 ft. up landed 2ft. behind my daughter and smashed to pieces. She ran out of a cloud of snow and was fine. Wow....SCARY!!!!!!!! I have a new respect for falling branches! We have about 3-4" here. Thank goodness she's OK.......I would have felt so guilty!!!!!

Also, we had transformers lighting up the sky on the street behind us and now the power is out in the whole neighborhood behind us.....we still have power.

Here's a fairly complete list of totals from Albany NWS:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS

Plenty of 20"+ reports out of Berkshire county, widespread 10"+ throughout Litchfiled and Windham counties, and occasional 10"+ throughout Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Rensselaer, Ulster, and Bennington. Some years don't see a snowstorm of this magnitude all winter long!

Up here in Queensbury we had a good solid dusting on most, but not all, surfaces.

I decided the "4-8" must have been millimeters rather than inches this time around http://208.71.34.143/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img

I love a snowstorm. I was however, very happy this last storm was such a flop up here. I on the other hand pray this year is not like a lot ( the first half ) of last winter with anything below Albany cashing in on storms. I am very hopeful that a future winter we can double the storm total(s) in the Saratoga north area over the Albany south map. Is that even possible to happen without it being a rain/ snow battle??

I was gone for the weekend but based on the nearby reports and remnants I am saying I got 6" here. Not bad for October, but well shy of the 13" I got in 2008.

I figure six inches here, too. With the leaves already down and not too much wind, it was just a warm-up for things to come.

Another 21F this morning, waiting for the first teens.

After seeing what people to the south are dealing with in terms of power outages...its hard to be too disappointed by missing out on the heaviest snow. Getting 3-4 more inches of snow wouldn't be worth dealing with no power for a week. Whole winter is ahead of it...hopefully we'll have a storm where we can make up for it without having to worry about power outages.

Archived