Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Charlie Bagley dies

CapturedNature

http://www.courant.c...0,6728257.story

I just found out...sad/surprised that no one else seem to pick up on this. Anyone else remember him? I always liked his low key style and trademark statement "prepare for the worst and hope for the best". I love some of his comments about some of today's forecasters...they could learn a thing or two from his style, but then again, it doesn't drive ratings.

Stopped by the wake this evening. Judging by the attendees and the responses here, I guess no one else remembers fair weather Charlie except for those that were part of his life the past 20 years. I guess that's what happens when you've been off the air and retired for 20 years....

I remember him on air and also when I worked at MAnchester Mem Hosp ..He was a candy striper there.

I just didn't like his style and hatred of snow and that he was so blatant about it on air.

May he RIP

I remember him on air and also when I worked at MAnchester Mem Hosp ..He was a candy striper there.

I just didn't like his style and hatred of snow and that he was so blatant about it on air.

May he RIP

I really don't remember him. I moved away from New London in '84 so he must have been on back then. But I only remember Dr. Mel and what's his name from Providence.

May he RIP

He spent his last years at Johnson Memorial as a volunteer too. I don't remember him as a snow hater as much as not hyping storms like on air personalities do now. His numbers might have seemed low, but I think he realized the law of averages in that you don't always get huge storms so why hype the snow totals?

I remember fair weather Charlie very well, had that golly geez thank god the weather is nice personality, but was serious when he thought serious was needed. Sad to hear about this.

Charlie Bagley and Bob Steele at TIC and Salty Brine at PRO were legends in their time.

Archived