• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT's Winter Outlook

MJO812

nicely done. He does note that it hinges on several factors occuring and if they don't occur or occur differently, then the midwest may be the jackpot area.

It always comes down to the NAO and PNA. I just hope the NAO is mostly negative and the PNA is positive this winter. I know the PNA tends to be negative during la nina years.

the MEI index says we are in La Nina now while the oni index says we started the fall to La Nina...last year at this time there already was a strong La Nina and the winter was great...La Nina winters usually have one great 15-30 day period when it's very cold and snowy...I think the la nina could peak between -0.7 and -0.9 on the oni index...That would put 2011-12 close to these years enso index for DJF...

1956-57...-0.5

1961-62...-0.4

1962-63...-0.6

1964-65...-0.8

1966-67...-0.4

1967-68...-0.7

1971-72...-0.7

1974-75...-0.6

1983-84...-0.4

1984-85...-0.9

1985-86...-0.5

1995-96...-0.7

2005-06...-0.7

2008-09...-0.8

why is this thread so quiet?

that's very close to a full fledged "woof!" from DT.

DT's re-curving hurricane correlation is pretty interesting and compelling.

one thing about DT, he never wears snow goggles... whether consciously or subconsciously, he's never a wishful thinker.

i definitely perked up in my chair reading his outlook.

• 2 weeks later...

Is JB's site a pay site now?

Yup...it's monthly or yearly-you get 2 free months if you do yearly...I did the yearly package right before Irene--only to see him bust horribly..."skyscraper windows to blow out" and AC's worst storm since 44 (verification was close to nothing in AC!-other than a rainy noreaster)

Joe D'leo writes some nice columns on the site too...

Yup...it's monthly or yearly-you get 2 free months if you do yearly...I did the yearly package right before Irene--only to see him bust horribly..."skyscraper windows to blow out" and AC's worst storm since 44 (verification was close to nothing in AC!-other than a rainy noreaster)

Joe D'leo writes some nice columns on the site too...

so nothing has changed, he is still a hype artist who is often wrong and seldom right.

Archived