joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/21-9/28 heavy rain obs

tombo82685

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment it appears to have eyes on South Jersey.

Agree. Looks like the energy is consolidating toward E-VA and will move NE from there. I95 and East look to get the lions share, but everyone will get something. Note the eastern batch in VA robbing the storms west of DC of energy in the latest frames. Almost an energy version of a Miller B coastal transfer.

So some slight concerns kinda is with all this rain we are having, thinking back at how we were in a building drought to a degree in some parts, now with all the heavy rain and that earthquake 1 month ago today on 8-23-2011, if people should be keeping an eye on their foundations of their places like houses and businesses. I know it doesnt sound like something we should worry about but maybe it is something of a thought.

That's crazy, although I did note that you got a line this morning that missed me by five miles it would appear. That's okay though. I don't mind losing the prize, when the prize is flooding.

Certainly not trying to win on this one....

rented a backhoe but had to push it to next week, my french drains/downspout piping goes in as soon as we dry out for a day or two

plans are drawn, battle lines are set....just hoping the basement, or what's left of it stay dry

already at 1.5 and a river flowing through my hand dug trenches

voyager 3.7"?!?! wow

Yes, but remember, that included yesterday mornings rain as I indicated in the post. I'd say roughly from Tamaqua to Beaver Meadows to Weatherly got hammered. That was the area I was running in today hauling coal, and there was a lot of field ponding, flowing water across many of the roads, and quite a rise on the area streams and creeks I crossed. The Little Schuylkill River currently is only half a foot lower then it was with the Lee rains 2 weeks ago.

Certainly not trying to win on this one....

rented a backhoe but had to push it to next week, my french drains/downspout piping goes in as soon as we dry out for a day or two

plans are drawn, battle lines are set....just hoping the basement, or what's left of it stay dry

already at 1.5 and a river flowing through my hand dug trenches

my problem, which I share with Grothar, is water table. I wish I could solve it with a french drain. Good luck this weekend.

my problem, which I share with Grothar, is water table. I wish I could solve it with a french drain. Good luck this weekend.

i'm in that water table "boat" too.

Lee sent my basement foundation a' bubblin up

fingers are crossed, thanks for the luck, i think we will need it

ground is not taking nicely to this

1.75 in the bucket

looks like the firehose has set up to my east...errrr right over you

Archived