Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas 3 years ago and Today

stop making me depressed

my state is burning. why did it stop raining? :(

Looking at the rain patterns the past few years and according to HGX, this overstretching dry spell begin shortly after Ike in 2008

It's just such a somber feeling to look off to the northern sky to see a hazy pale orange smokey horizon, and I look across the way and all I see is dying native vegetation.

Our wettest month of the year cannot muster an inch of rain, and even the 384 hour GFS can't help us out. It's a pretty hopeless feeling with seemingly no end in sight. Some kind of new pattern for this decade or whatever, I don't know... It just sucks.

Yeah, it's incredible...I can't imagine where would we be if it weren't for Alex and Arlene ... 8" of rain since Oct 2010 (half of those from Arlene).... and unfortunately, it looks like it will extend for another 6 months if by Oct 15th we can't cash in...

stop making me depressed

my state is burning. why did it stop raining? :(

Looking at the rain patterns the past few years and according to HGX, this overstretching dry spell begin shortly after Ike in 2008

It's just such a somber feeling to look off to the northern sky to see a hazy pale orange smokey horizon, and I look across the way and all I see is dying native vegetation.

Our wettest month of the year cannot muster an inch of rain, and even the 384 hour GFS can't help us out. It's a pretty hopeless feeling with seemingly no end in sight. Some kind of new pattern for this decade or whatever, I don't know... It just sucks.

Yeah, it's incredible...I can't imagine where would we be if it weren't for Alex and Arlene ... 8" of rain since Oct 2010 (half of those from Arlene).... and unfortunately, it looks like it will extend for another 6 months if by Oct 15th we can't cash in...

I am truly sorry for all of the folks affected by the fires.

Just an incredible sat shot. Dust bowl days.

Horrible. I expect it to be dry out here WAY west close to New Mexico. But, not THIS dry. It's even unprecedented for us. And what's remarkable is that this drought is spread across the entire state. There really isn't an area unaffected. North of Amarillo may get some relief from winter storms etc., but even then....maybe not. It's bad enough to frankly start considering a move with the water situation so dire. If this goes on through next year, there may not be water to drink.

Horrible. I expect it to be dry out here WAY west close to New Mexico. But, not THIS dry. It's even unprecedented for us. And what's remarkable is that this drought is spread across the entire state. There really isn't an area unaffected. North of Amarillo may get some relief from winter storms etc., but even then....maybe not. It's bad enough to frankly start considering a move with the water situation so dire. If this goes on through next year, there may not be water to drink.

Yikes

I was shocked by what I saw on the way to Houston and Austin from DFW. Even the weeds have given up.

Archived