• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Predict the date of the last 90+ temp in your area

Just for fun as we're sweltering--anyone want to take a guess at when the last 90+ day will be in your area for 2011?

My guess for Springfield, IL (Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport): we'll pop a 91 on or a few days plus/minus Oct. 6--when the original predicted high was to be 87 for that day. I just have a feeling we're due for at least a couple more summer torches in early fall--and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them in early October this year.

Any other guesses for your locales?

Just for fun as we're sweltering--anyone want to take a guess at when the last 90+ day will be in your area for 2011?

My guess for Springfield, IL (Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport): we'll pop a 91 on or a few days plus/minus Oct. 6--when the original predicted high was to be 87 for that day. I just have a feeling we're due for at least a couple more summer torches in early fall--and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them in early October this year.

How about the last 80+ day? I think most around here will think they can still hit 80. For that, I'll guess the last 80 degree day here will be September 12th, next Monday. Of course, this is looking at Accu-Weather's forecast for the next two weeks, and assuming that we won't hit 80 from late September on.

I think we might be done here in southern Missouri as well...so my prediction would be September 3. It's not uncommon for us to see an 80+° day in December, though...but I'm running on the faith that we're done with heat.

Southern Missouri is not done with 90 degrees days. I just looked at climo for Joplin, Springfield, and Poplar Bluff and all three of those cities have hit 90 before in late October. And all three of these cities are forecast to get well into the 90's next week. The chances of seeing 2 or 3 straight 90 degree days are starting to dwindle though.

My areas latest 90 degree day ever was October 20th. I'm going to predict the last one for my area will be September 30th or October 1st. I think we usually hit 90 six to seven times on average in September.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I could come very close to hitting my hunch right near target--WICS ABC 20 in Springfield is forecasting 85 for tomorrow (Oct. 6), while our local TWC/Weatherscan forecast is calling for 86 tomorrow and 88 Friday (and I would not be surprised now if Friday some parts of Central IL hit or flirt with 90+ temps).

Does anyone predict any 90+ temps for parts of the Midwest on this latest autumn torch (which appears will be dominant until at least beyond the upcoming Columbus Day holiday weekend).

Archived