• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
After Irene

HoarfrostHubb

Generator with at least a week of fuel, natural gas stove and propane grill, 'fridge and freezer stocked, a couple of weeks worth of MREs just in case, a couple of boxes of wine and other beverages, yea, I think I'm all set-bring it on.

Any ideas for meals without power?

I've got a grill...with a side burner,

We will have to boil some water (I have a well - no power = no water)

I am chlorinating the heck out of my pool just in case

...btw, don't forget to drain your pool a little bit tomorrow. Don't want it to overflow if we get a foot of rain. I took off 8" from mine today.

I was in the new Super Walmart this evening in Hinsdale NH, and couldn't believe that the jugs of water, batteries, and flashlights/camping lanterns were already gone. I guess that it is very good that people are taking heed, but damn... what about the people who figure they can stroll out on Saturday and pick up whatever they need...

I suspect I'll lose power, but not for a real lengthy amount of time. Maybe three days tops, even though I live in the far unlit unknown. My plan is to bring my perishables to work and put them in an unused freezer. I'm sure I can find a restaurant or two in Portland that'll be happy to serve me a meal if necessary. Good luck to those down in SNE who'll have far greater impacts.

I suspect I'll lose power, but not for a real lengthy amount of time. Maybe three days tops, even though I live in thefar unlit unknown. My plan is to bring my perishables to work and put them in an unused freezer. I'm sure I can find a restaurant or two in Portland that'll be happy to serve me a meal if necessary. Good luck to those down in SNE who'll have far greater impacts.

nice Rush reference :thumbsup:

Beer, PB&J, gallon jugs of water, candles, oil lamps, full tank of gas, more beer and a chainsaw....oh heck, toss the shotgun in the mix too.

Can't wait!

Truthfully, my biggest concerns are trees falling on the house and our 1300' driveway washing out. That would suck.

I'd prefer not to have to go through these storms, but being in a metro area makes it a little easier to deal with. Power outages are generally limited, lack of trees to take out above ground power lines, natural gas to cook and heat water with, city water to flush the toilet and shower with, etc. My biggest worry is the coastal flooding/storm surge. I've got a little elevation to the actual water line, but not a lot, so it might be a close call. I feel bad for the people that live out in the woods that will be the last ones to get power back. That's where it could be a week or two.

Archived