• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country Late Summer & Fall Thread

With September fast approaching and the leaves beginning to change colors in a few weeks I figured I'd start a new thread for late summer and fall. Believe it or not fall starts in 4 weeks and meteorological fall starts in just 2! Hopefully we will all have a great fall and see some awesome lake effect (rain or snow)! Enjoy the thread and the fall!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun up there in Bradfield Hall! I had a few classes in there in my day (not a Meteorology major but a Natural Resources major). Is this your first semester?

Yep. It is my first semester! What a view from Bradfield; Wow!

Hot here in Ithaca at 87F with a dew point of 72F! A few low topped cumulus forming.

Lake Erie is 76 steamy degrees today ,which has only ever happened one other time in record keeping history (1973) for lake erie. Records date back over 80 years so this is certainly impressive. Looking good for lake effect season once we can bring down the colder air from up north :thumbsup:

Cant wait!. Lake Ontario is nice and warm too along with Georgian Bay being pretty warm.

Snowman.gif

Has there been confirmation of it? .....hmmm first thought was a hoax because there were no severe warnings I didn't think. So I missed it all. I guess a run of the mill heavy shower with some thunder did come through here around then. I'm about 15 miles due south of Amsterdam as the crow flies.

Becca...I thought you'd be onto this. ;)

Brent McGrady over at Albany Weather Examiner had someone send him this video of a tornado

crossing the Thruway near Amsterdam this afternoon. Around 5:40 is the action

Has there been confirmation of it? .....hmmm first thought was a hoax because there were no severe warnings I didn't think. So I missed it all. I guess a run of the mill heavy shower with some thunder did come through here around then. I'm about 15 miles due south of Amsterdam as the crow flies.

There was a Tornado Warning around 5:20 or so for Montgomery County this afternoon

I was at a party and miss all the excitement....I didn't know about it until I got home and had a message from Andy...... :-(

Archived