• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Models NYC/PHL

earthlight

I thought model discussion threads were supposed to be in the General Weather Forum?

well imo, the model discussions in the general wx forum would include all locations, causing mass bickering and imby q's. Stick with the model threads for a specific area like this one. :)

It's much better to keep it in individual areas. People here don't care about IMBY questions about the Midwest or New England and vice versa.

Well I think there should be a discussion in the general forum as well...but features that are important to individual regions should be discussed in the subforum.

I'm not saying that is waht I think should happen, but there is a pinned message in the general subforum. I'm just confused about what is supposed to go where, since I know a large amount of posters in this subforum who solely post here and do not seem to want to/ever post in the general weather forum. It divides up the conversation a bit.

I'm not saying that is waht I think should happen, but there is a pinned message in the general subforum. I'm just confused about what is supposed to go where, since I know a large amount of posters in this subforum who solely post here and do not seem to want to/ever post in the general weather forum. It divides up the conversation a bit.

well they wanted the subforums and this is our subforum so why should we go elsewhere

well they wanted the subforums and this is our subforum so why should we go elsewhere

All of the weather that you experience travels through another region, upstream or downstream. You should be interested in what's going on in places outside of your backyard.

Subforums are great but stormtracker has the right idea about model threads. Besides, there are good posters in every region and they are divided now and cannot share their expertise.

A few of the best posters come to the weather discussion forum to share their thoughts though.

Also, why would you ask IMBY questions in any model thread? Mets and members do a good job of describing the weather in the various regions. People are too lazy to read or browse through a few pages apparently.

All of the weather that you experience travels through another region, upstream or downstream. You should be interested in what's going on in places outside of your backyard.

Subforums are great but stormtracker has the right idea about model threads. Besides, there are good posters in every region and they are divided now and cannot share their expertise.

A few of the best posters come to the weather discussion forum to share their thoughts though.

Also, why would you ask IMBY questions in any model thread? Mets and members do a good job of describing the weather in the various regions. People are too lazy to read or browse through a few pages apparently.

dude i was being sarcastic, i hate the subforum idea. I would like to have it the old way, like back in the good old days of eastern. Did you even post their?

dude i was being sarcastic, i hate the subforum idea. I would like to have it the old way, like back in the good old days of eastern. Did you even post their?

Yes, I became a member in 2005. Locoako seemed a little agitated so I wanted to come back him up because he had some good ideas.

Not necessarily for models. I might look for observations in another thread for weather upstream. Also, you have to remember that what is going on in NNE almost never moves into this area. NNE weather usually came from here, in some form.

Not necessarily for models. I might look for observations in another thread for weather upstream. Also, you have to remember that what is going on in NNE almost never moves into this area. NNE weather usually came from here, in some form.

Yeah, I can agree with that. It would be nice to have a centralized and organized model thread in one forum though, it would make for some really good discussion if the small talk and stuff is a non-factor.

lol, What about a retrograding low?

Joking, Just trying to bust your balls.:lol:

Yeah, I can agree with that. It would be nice to have a centralized and organized model thread in one forum though, it would make for some really good discussion if the small talk and stuff is a non-factor.

lol, What about a retrograding low?

Joking, Just trying to bust your balls.:lol:

Even a retrograding low would probably be more of a SNE thing than an NNE for me to go and look at.

Archived