amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Been hailing here for like an hour !

mike2010

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious...is elevation a factor in this event? Like Tobyhana is higher and therefore the hail has less time to melt? Or could the same thing happen at any elevation with stationary or training storms?

I do not think it matters as these storms are pulsing multiple times with impressive cores. Despite rather weak shear, the local convergence, instability and updraft strength is allowing these storms to go to town (freezing levels around 12,000 feet).

Is it really 51 up there?? That is insane combined with that much hail. I was just out and it feels very humid and in the mid to upper 80s here. Getting dark skies in the distance now. :snowman::snowman:

51 degrees out right now....lightning is practically coming in sideways...

insane environment right now.

everything is covered !

more pics soon hopefully. (if I make it)

Is it really 51 up there?? That is insane combined with that much hail. I was just out and it feels very humid and in the mid to upper 80s here. Getting dark skies in the distance now. :snowman::snowman:

MPO is down to 61 with a dew point of 55 and mike2010 is a bit higher up.

Edit: Looks like MPO took a power hit.

No hail here, just a decent storm with rain, wind, and lightning.

I'm in the western end near macungie and alburtis. It was raining for 5-10 minutes before the hail started. Hail lasted for 5-7 minutes and ended as rain. Letting up now, and brightening in the distance. Not much lightning for a storm of this strength, but the wind, rain, and hail made up for it.

I'm in the western end near macungie and alburtis. It was raining for 5-10 minutes before the hail started. Hail lasted for 5-7 minutes and ended as rain. Letting up now, and brightening in the distance. Not much lightning for a storm of this strength, but the wind, rain, and hail made up for it.

I agree here 2+ inches of rain. Needed the rain. Lot of tree limbs down.

Archived