Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2010

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys have a white christmas down that way last year? Cause man this year is setting up just like last season did lol. I swear to me it feels like a damn repeat all over. That xmas eve-xmas day storm we had north of here a little was nasty and then after that it seemed january and feb. was the colddddd snowy months. I dont know...just ranting as I usually do haha. Dont look to good for this weekend, im concerned with dryslot as well. Of course this all can change its aways off still :)

Did you guys have a white christmas down that way last year? Cause man this year is setting up just like last season did lol. I swear to me it feels like a damn repeat all over. That xmas eve-xmas day storm we had north of here a little was nasty and then after that it seemed january and feb. was the colddddd snowy months. I dont know...just ranting as I usually do haha. Dont look to good for this weekend, im concerned with dryslot as well. Of course this all can change its aways off still :)

Yeah we did.

Dec2425_2009snow.png

Hey Guys, new to the forum from NW Ark. Big winter weather fan. Not sure I'm as savvy as you two from SW Mo. Anyway, I've been watching this closely too. Will be interesting to see how the 18Z and 00Z GFS looks tonight and if the Euro comes around. Let's hope it digs further south and west as you stated earlier. At least we can hope... for now...

Hey Guys, new to the forum from NW Ark. Big winter weather fan. Not sure I'm as savvy as you two from SW Mo. Anyway, I've been watching this closely too. Will be interesting to see how the 18Z and 00Z GFS looks tonight and if the Euro comes around. Let's hope it digs further south and west as you stated earlier. At least we can hope... for now...

Yeah I'm hoping it digs farther SW and matures as well before heading east then ENE. But this could easily end up like the Euro shows it.

Man that snow map looks way off jomo...we had about 6 inches from that event and drifts that were 2 feet. IDK seems way off to me on their totals. That storm gonna stick in my brain the rest of my life now cause of it happening on them days. I remember it exactly to....the rain switched over to snow right before midnight then continued through midday on xmas. The wind was nuts also and i believe(if memory serves me right) we were in a blizzard warning up that way.

Welcome to the board Waterboy. Where do you live in NW AR?

Man that snow map looks way off jomo...we had about 6 inches from that event and drifts that were 2 feet. IDK seems way off to me on their totals. That storm gonna stick in my brain the rest of my life now cause of it happening on them days. I remember it exactly to....the rain switched over to snow right before midnight then continued through midday on xmas. The wind was nuts also and i believe(if memory serves me right) we were in a blizzard warning up that way.

Hmm I dunno, KC doesn't have an event summary for that event.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/eax/?n=eventsummary

Hmm I dunno, KC doesn't have an event summary for that event.

http://www.crh.noaa....?n=eventsummary

well i lived in lowry city last year....this year im further south lol. We move alot. I dont think kc covered lousy city not sure....i think kc's coverage starts in clinton. Hmmm i dunno either, who cares its over with now and will probly never see a white xmas like that again. Thats probly a rare rare thing here in the ozarks lol

I think we'll be back in the game on the 0z tonite lol.

It's all going to depend on how far south the system dives and if it closes off or not.

Radar is lit up out west, storm passing to our west, next one may pass to our east. Always finds a way to screw us, last year it was north and south.

Hi Waterboy. Good to have at least one other poster besides myself in NW AR!

BTW, these MO guys are sometimes a little dubious about snow this time of year....and then within a few weeks they get plastered while we get zip, lol.

Going the wrong direction tonite on the GFS. Euro will prolly end up winning this battle after all lol.

It was south of here, just doesn't rapidly deepen. Low goes from NE TX across Arkansas and farther NE, but it does so rapidly without being wrapped up. We need it to be rapidly deepening as it does this and going neg tilt.

Extended looks a lot better though.

GGEM looks really similar to the GFS.

It was south of here, just doesn't rapidly deepen. Low goes from NE TX across Arkansas and farther NE, but it does so rapidly without being wrapped up. We need it to be rapidly deepening as it does this and going neg tilt.

Extended looks a lot better though.

GGEM looks really similar to the GFS.

Hell theres no way im looking at the extended. I dont wanna get my hopes up, these crazy models cant even make their minds up for something 3 days out lol. I do want some snow im starting to get craved now for it haha

Hi Waterboy. Good to have at least one other poster besides myself in NW AR!

BTW, these MO guys are sometimes a little dubious about snow this time of year....and then within a few weeks they get plastered while we get zip, lol.

Ozark, Good to hear from you. I don't know squat about forecasting. Just like to play around a little and look at the models. I won't add anything of real value to posts other than my non-stop wish for tons of snow. Let's hope both us an SW Mo guys get our fair share of snow this year. From what everyone is saying December is the month it needs to happen. It will be interesting to see how the winter plays out.

The Euro just doesn't look feasible to me. What is to stop it from continuing its trek SE? I don't see what it is seeing.

I just can't put my heart into believing much beyond the Day 5 time frame anymore. My heart has been broken too many times. ;)

Really looking like a non-event for here so I have to look at something.

Really looking like a non-event for here so I have to look at something.

I agree it looks like nothing much of concern at this point. Most of the models are all in dissagreement as well. I think it gets its act together to late for this area. Maybe some wrap around light snow or flurries thats about it. Bleh i wanna say move on but who knows for certain still lol

I agree it looks like nothing much of concern at this point. Most of the models are all in dissagreement as well. I think it gets its act together to late for this area. Maybe some wrap around light snow or flurries thats about it. Bleh i wanna say move on but who knows for certain still lol

Yep this one is history guys. Maybe something by Christmas..

Archived