bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2010

JoMo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a little snippet from this morning's AFD in SGF. Pretty much concurs with everything we have been seeing:

AS THE LOW DEEPENS TO THE EAST...PRECIPITATION IN THE FORM OF SNOW

IS EXPECTED TO THE NORTH AND WEST OF THE LOW. THIS SNOW MAY CLIP

CENTRAL MISSOURI WHICH MAY THEN RESULT IN AN INCH OR SO OF SNOW

ACCUMULATION. THIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A BIG SNOW PRODUCER FOR

THE AREA...BUT AGAIN AN INCH OF TWO CANNOT BE RULED OUT ACROSS

CENTRAL MISSOURI WITH A DUSTING POSSIBLE ACROSS THE REST OF THE

AREA.

Also noticed that the models aren't bringing the cold as strong down with the system in our area now. We should rebound quickly.

Well now we have gone from a potential snow just a couple of days ago to not even much in the way of rainfall with the front now per the GFS. Simply amazing when you follow these models.

yeah, went from a majority of the models showing a hit too far SE of here, to a storm over Iowa now. The Euro was the most consistent through the entire thing with showing the farther N solution except in 1 model run. There always seems to be a Day 10 fantasy storm on the Euro for here :(

NWS so screwed up on these amounts. I remember this clearly. At my house with sleet and snow we had 8". 7.5" in Joplin, they have 5 listed. Pittsburg had 9". It was a great storm.

Plus acouple inches of sleet. I always get the official airport readings which is just a few miles from my house. Joplin has 33.5" of snow last winter. NWS records like 24 or something. I don't know why those numbers don't match. Also the average snowfall for Joplin over the past 50 years is 16.7". However, they have like 13" listed this year. Strange stuff, lol.

To bad this system isn't working out. Check out my latest blog and long range thoughts.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13648949

Have a great evening

Plus acouple inches of sleet. I always get the official airport readings which is just a few miles from my house. Joplin has 33.5" of snow last winter. NWS records like 24 or something. I don't know why those numbers don't match. Also the average snowfall for Joplin over the past 50 years is 16.7". However, they have like 13" listed this year. Strange stuff, lol.

To bad this system isn't working out. Check out my latest blog and long range thoughts.

http://www.koamtv.co....asp?S=13648949

Have a great evening

See I knew those totals were way off thats what I said earlier as well later back on another page. That map showed a few inches at best where I lived last season and it was just wayyyy off. Seems like they screw up stuff like this often. Hell my totals for the season last year was about 30-32" i wonder what they said lol. I was in st.clair county lowry city to be exact. Anyways probly need to write this storm off for the weekend....probly flurries at best of what I see right now but Im not as good as all you guys when it comes to looking at the models and all that. Will check your page shortly

See I knew those totals were way off thats what I said earlier as well later back on another page. That map showed a few inches at best where I lived last season and it was just wayyyy off. Seems like they screw up stuff like this often. Hell my totals for the season last year was about 30-32" i wonder what they said lol. I was in st.clair county lowry city to be exact. Anyways probly need to write this storm off for the weekend....probly flurries at best of what I see right now but Im not as good as all you guys when it comes to looking at the models and all that. Will check your page shortly

Yep, it is going to be a hard year. There will be a few active stretches, so we have to get some then. The part of the pattern that we are in is around October 22nd. Remember that October was very dry. However, in November we actually had above average precip.

Yep, it is going to be a hard year. There will be a few active stretches, so we have to get some then. The part of the pattern that we are in is around October 22nd. Remember that October was very dry. However, in November we actually had above average precip.

Yeah it looks like there is an active stretch coming up, most of the snow looks to be just north of here though. I can hope that changes but it looks like mostly rain.

Of course maybe a Roger Smith storm will happen:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/2627-get-ready-for-the-great-mwgl-storm-of-dec-19-21/

Yeah it looks like there is an active stretch coming up, most of the snow looks to be just north of here though. I can hope that changes but it looks like mostly rain.

Of course maybe a Roger Smith storm will happen:

http://www.americanw...m-of-dec-19-21/

Yes, but that isn't taking in to account where the longwave troughs and ridges are set up. We have to get a couple decent storms this winter, right?

That's a mouthful

Saturday: A chance of rain before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow between noon and 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 43 by 8am, then falling to around 30 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as 18. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph becoming northwest between 17 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

According to the 12z GFS....Looks like a SW flow developing around Day 9 until a storm kicks out of the SW. The GFS ensembles are indicating a pretty strong -AO developing a few days before this happens. As can be seen on don'ss thread: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/2882-ao-forecast-to-plunge/

The effects of a negative AO are a farther south push of cold air and storm track.

image001.jpg

Therefore this period will be interesting to watch s the cold air may be farther south.

Yea jomo i saw that map. Just had my first snowshower of the season. Looks like off and on stuff on the radar in those heavier bands. It didnt last long but 10 minutes but coated stuff.....ahhh finally something to get me in the holiday mood lol

Still nothing.. Bah-Humbug!

Now that would really suck....its not doing anything down there? Its been flurrying all night here. Shame its so windy it would probly be sticking but its just flying around everywhere instead...watching that blob on intellicast coming down from kc

Nothing at all here. 00z GFS looks crappy for the next 16 days as well. Euro is it's boss.

Archived