• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2010

JoMo

Looks like things could get dicey here in the ozarks tomorrow night maybe? I was reading springfields afternoon disco and it sounds like they are concerned for severe weather tomorrow night and then maybe it going over to freezing rain/snow mix through thursday morning. The graphics on their site shows snow mix i guess it is for up this way.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like things could get dicey here in the ozarks tomorrow night maybe? I was reading springfields afternoon disco and it sounds like they are concerned for severe weather tomorrow night and then maybe it going over to freezing rain/snow mix through thursday morning. The graphics on their site shows snow mix i guess it is for up this way.

Yeah there may be a changeover before precip ends depending on how quickly the front moves in.

Looking at the next system coming up after this one... follows a similiar track NW of here......... It's never good when all the major models basically agree on a storm this far out. :-\

GFS says snow flurries here on Thanksgiving afternoon, it has for the last three runs and i still don't buy it. Looking at the soundings, that warm nose on up is just too strong. I do think though that with the low cloud deck it won't get out of the 30's here and those strong N winds are going to be quite awesome.

GFS says snow flurries here on Thanksgiving afternoon, it has for the last three runs and i still don't buy it. Looking at the soundings, that warm nose on up is just too strong. I do think though that with the low cloud deck it won't get out of the 30's here and those strong N winds are going to be quite awesome.

What do you think about Severe on Weds?

Doug Heady's winter forecast. KOAM news:

Snow below normal, Temps below normal. (He seems to think NW flow events make up a majority of this winter)

More info at 10 PM newscast.

I guess its just my opinion and all but I rarely ever believe any of these long range forecasts....nothing against him I just dont buy into them. Who knows time will tell though...

Oh, there will be warnings in the Springfield area, you can almost bet on that.

Also, nice HWO:

WEATHER HAZARDS EXPECTED... THE LIGHTNING RISK IS SIGNIFICANT. THE THUNDERSTORM WIND RISK IS ELEVATED FOR WIND GUSTS OVER 60 MPH. THE HAIL RISK IS ELEVATED FOR HAIL TO THE SIZE OF HALF DOLLARS. THE TORNADO RISK IS ELEVATED. THE NON THUNDERSTORM WIND RISK IS LIMITED. THE FREEZING RAIN RISK IS ELEVATED. THE EXTREME COLD RISK IS LIMITED.

PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO TRANSITION TO A LIGHT WINTRY MIX...WITH MINOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT ALONG AND NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR.

ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH POSSIBLE ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL MISSOURI. THE ICE ACCUMULATION WILL LIKELY BE CONFINED TO ELEVATED OBJECTS INCLUDING BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES. MINOR SLEET AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE.

PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO TRANSITION TO A LIGHT WINTRY MIX...WITH MINOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT ALONG AND NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR.

ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH POSSIBLE ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL MISSOURI. THE ICE ACCUMULATION WILL LIKELY BE CONFINED TO ELEVATED OBJECTS INCLUDING BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES. MINOR SLEET AND SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE.

The forecast is confusing today from springfields write up....well to me it is anyhow. They talking lingo i dont understand. I remember yesterday them saying the storms could fall apart cause the shear might be to bad and tear the cells to nothing,,,,basically along those lines anyhow. Looks like it could get dicey up here later tonight then tomorrow for you guys south of 44....maybe that forecast has changed though cause it was this morning when I read that. Hell Im getting closer to you guys if anything....started living in clinton now im all the way down here in humansville lol. Probly only 40 miles north of springfield now

SGF starting to let the TOR warnings fly. Cells are starting to look much better on radar.

Looks like the northeasternmost sliver of the warm sector is where the action will be at. Surface winds have already veered SW of a confluence line that's pushed through OK/KS into SW MO, but the instability drops off very quickly into C MO. More than likely, additional storms moving out of OK/KS will become supercellular for a time over the same area of MO through the course of the afternoon.

Darn and here goes tornado warning number 2 and sirens going off again here. Weather never ceases to amaze me outwest here wow...supposedly the last one doppler radar indicated a tornado 3 miles east of a town not far from here called WEAUBLEAU

You can keep that up there. I dunno though, the storms in NE OK down here are getting better organized so I may have to contend with severe as well.

You can keep that up there. I dunno though, the storms in NE OK down here are getting better organized so I may have to contend with severe as well.

lol well if you dont hear back from me then you know something happened. Hard to believe its gonna go from this to 20's later tonight and maybe some zr and sleet. Its 67 out there!

lol well if you dont hear back from me then you know something happened. Hard to believe its gonna go from this to 20's later tonight and maybe some zr and sleet. Its 67 out there!

Look directly to your north or northeast probably by now. Very strong sig of a tornado on radar.

damn trees block my view mostly to the northeast....it does look bad to the north though man! Im watching the radar on intellicast and theres another nasty looking cell heading right for me from the sw

yeah that storm currently near Stockton needs watched as well.

Storms that are rotating aren't even in the area of best instability. As the batch out of Oklahoma heads into SW MO we should see more warnings I would suspect.

Except those aren't rotating at all. Looks like a prefrontal wind shift line because winds are out of the SW behind it.

Archived