• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2010

JoMo

01/28/2000 is the #1 analog showing up on the upper charts at 48 hours...this event looks similar with an initial strong 500 low tracking over the region followed by a bowling ball type upper low and disturbance the day after...in this case the initial event will be over TX/AR as opposed to 2000 when it was over central OK...the 2nd wave appears stronger this time and further north.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a question for someone smarter than me. Was just looking at the radar on the 1st storm developing down in Texas. Rain is breaking out along the TX/Mexico west of San Antonio. Also some radar echos already into northern TX and southern OK and west of OKC. I'm guessing this part in OK isn't hitting the ground yet. So, here's the question, is this developing right about where the models have been showing? Does it appear to be any further north? I'm surprised to see the radar echos west of OKC already. Satellite imagery seems to be moving it more northeast at this point. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

EDIT: Thanks JoMo. I was typing this when you posted the NAM map. Maybe I'm onto something. Still doesn't look like it will make it far enough north to effect me.

Getting worse for SW MO. What are we looking at now an inch maybe? Lets see if the GFS stays steady now.

yeah what I think it's doing is setting up a trough over SW MO. the easterly flow goes up and over that trough and deposits the snow on the western side of the trough. The trough then pivots basically over W MO/ E KS before it heads NE as the system develops which puts us in kind of a screw zone.

Long range looks decent tonite. I'm really curious about this upcoming system. Not the type of setup you see every winter so wondering how correctly it is even modeled right now. I went back and looked at the analog storm SnowGoose mentioned a few posts ago and found where most all of S MO and N AR got a general 2-4 in snowfall.

Archived