• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Instead of Snow We Warm Sector

CT Rain

Moderate, steady rain... mountains obscured by fog/mist.

49F here at 800ft. Torch fail up here. Local mets are talking snow up here this weekend. Roger Hill (one of the better local guys, sometimes posts on here) apparently mentioned 3-6" for the northern Greens with snow levels as low as 1,500ft near the ski resort base area.

Guidance has a nice little wrap around deformation area on a NNW flow that even extends down here on Thursday morning. I don't think we'll see snow down here (though maybe monads might see some flakes)...but certainly the upslope areas of the Greens will see it. The cold pool is pretty impressive with thicknesses getting below 534dm and 850 temps in the -4C to -5C range. Wont shock me if we see snow levels lower than 1500 feet up there. It would all depend on how much lift can be scraped out of it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guidance has a nice little wrap around deformation area on a NNW flow that even extends down here on Thursday morning. I don't think we'll see snow down here (though maybe monads might see some flakes)...but certainly the upslope areas of the Greens will see it. The cold pool is pretty impressive with thicknesses getting below 534dm and 850 temps in the -4C to -5C range. Wont shock me if we see snow levels lower than 1500 feet up there. It would all depend on how much lift can be scraped out of it.

Yeah I was just looking at it more in-depth and its going to be close up here. I think from Jay Peak northeastward up into Quebec's Eastern Townships will see a nice coating of snow with up to several inches possible.

And yeah, I was surprised to see H85 temps getting that cold... this is the time of year where low level instability and NNW upslope flow create more like heavy (but brief) convective showers, as opposed to mid-winter upslope which tends to just be a steady light/moderate precipitation.

I could see accumulating snow level staying pretty high (2,000 or 2,500ft and up) but convective snow and graupel showers bringing frozen precip all the way to the valley floors.

With the look of that cold pool, there might even be graupel or sleet in any heavier shower down into SNE. Something where its 45F with ice pellets falling, at least at the beginning of a shower due to evaporational cooling.

What do you think for CT? I need to water in the Lesco

Maybe 0.25 to 0.5" or so? Probably more like 0.25". Unless we get some good development along and just behind the front..I'm not sure we'll see much water. You have a better shot than ern areas.

Archived