joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe weather threat Saturday 3/26

Cheeznado

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gadsden storm should continue toward the northern Atlanta suburbs, but as usual by then the typical north Ga. wedge should begin to take its toll. It's truly amazing how many of these have spared FFC from many a severe outbreak.

Yeah it always seems like there is a wall on the GA/AL border. Its always frustrating.

Not to long ago...

That looks ridiculous. :yikes: for those living there.

Oh the joys of being on a CBS affiliate during March Madness with a severe weather outbreak happening! Got numerous complaints about the crawl covering up the score of the games (had to build a new thing and took a while with everything else I was covering) Had about 10 tornado warnings for my area, numerous severe thunderstorm warnings. The ONE tornado that has been confirmed happened in my viewing area. People complaining about cutting in during 'their' game.... haha! Gotta love it! I have STILL yet to see hail though! :) The wall I have around me in regards to severe weather is still holding strong. :weight_lift:

Oh the joys of being on a CBS affiliate during March Madness with a severe weather outbreak happening! Got numerous complaints about the crawl covering up the score of the games (had to build a new thing and took a while with everything else I was covering) Had about 10 tornado warnings for my area, numerous severe thunderstorm warnings. The ONE tornado that has been confirmed happened in my viewing area. People complaining about cutting in during 'their' game.... haha! Gotta love it! I have STILL yet to see hail though! :) The wall I have around me in regards to severe weather is still holding strong. :weight_lift:

:lol: sounds like a long day! Im still hoping I see a good storm tonight. But they are fizzling as they get here.

Alabama high threat area is running along a Birmingham to Tuscaloosa to Huntsville line. With Birmingham with the highest chance for Tornado development as of now. SFC CAPE's running around 1700, shear values from 0-3KM have increased 45-50KTS, still showing the 0-1KM EHI's running around 400, LI's still pretty good holding around -4 to -6 in the areas. Uploaded complete breakdown at http://smartwxmodel.net/severe.pdf

Locations just north of the Birmingham area is a big one, here is verbage on the tornado warning for that storm: "AT 834 PM CDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A LARGE TORNADO! THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR SUMITON...MOVING EAST AT 40 MPH." My latest ouput based on values supports and F3 type tornado in that region.

For me...

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

1008 PM EDT SAT MAR 26 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHWESTERN CHEROKEE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHERN COBB COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

SOUTHERN BARTOW COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

NORTHEASTERN PAULDING COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

NORTHEASTERN POLK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA