• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tropical Thread

tombo82685

The 12z GFS came in almost exactly on the track I put out this morning... which means I am almost certainly wrong :P

sorry. Can you link me to your morning forecast? I can't find it. I think it goes over Florida between the Keys and Miami, but might loop around the Keys and hit Tampa area similar to Charley. Thanks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry. Can you link me to your morning forecast? I can't find it. I think it goes over Florida between the Keys and Miami, but might loop around the Keys and hit Tampa area similar to Charley. Thanks

Unfortunately, no. It's our proprietary forecast that goes out to clients. But seriously, it's like a mirror image of the 12z GFS. I took a 'cane into basically TLH Saturday.

Unfortunately, no. It's our proprietary forecast that goes out to clients. But seriously, it's like a mirror image of the 12z GFS. I took a 'cane into basically TLH Saturday.

Okay thanks. From this point away, that's not a bad call. The GFS has been toggling between Mobile and Tampa for the last couple days. I work in Allentown and Hilton Head (rough commute), so I'm hoping for lots of rain, but no wind where my wife is. I won't get back for ten more days, and am stuck up here.

latest Euro. If true, that means the northern trough will prevent a westward movement, as the approach was from Jamaica. This could be an I95 special.

it would most likely be a hvy rain threat. The 12z euro track which is going to change doesnt deepen the system much because its pretty much always in contact with land.

it would most likely be a hvy rain threat. The 12z euro track which is going to change doesnt deepen the system much because its pretty much always in contact with land.

I agree. For us to get anything significant other than some breezy heavy rains( as in sustained winds tropical storm force), your would need a fast mover over open water. Land friction slows down the storms. weaken it into a rain threat. The way the models are leaning 2 ways.

1. Gulf threat. means it would take a long time to reach our area, which would mean just a heavy rain threat.

2. into the SE coast, same deal.

Looks like a potential flood threat with recent heavy rains and forecast slow movement up the coast.

Looks like a potential flood threat with recent heavy rains and forecast slow movement up the coast.

Depending on track...there's a decent signal for left-of-track heavy rainfall...if the system goes up through the Apps we get some flooding (we'd be in the tornadic quad) but Pittsburgh would get the worst of it from a rain standpoint.

If it takes a Floyd track we're f****d.

For us locally, I'm extremely worried about the flood threat that Irene poses for us. As long as it doesn't trend farther east, we are going to have serious issues to deal with Sunday-Tuesday.

EDIT: Oh, I see we already have a thread for that. nvm.

Any chance this escapes east and misses land in general?

12z euro has katia on tampas longitude bout 400-500 miles north of the eastern bahamas as a very strong hurricane.... extropalting post 240, katiato my eyes would pose a threat to the se US..nice ridge in the central atl nosing towards the east coast...trof progressing across the northern tier most likely wouldnt capture it but may turn it towards a nw motion. Its going to come down towards the timing of that trof, which looks to be pretty strong as modelled currently.....definitely something to keep an eye on. Im sure Adam will be discussing this down the line to.

12zECMWF500mbHeightAnomalyNA240.gif

12z euro has katia on tampas longitude bout 400-500 miles north of the eastern bahamas as a very strong hurricane.... extropalting post 240, katiato my eyes would pose a threat to the se US..nice ridge in the central atl nosing towards the east coast...trof progressing across the northern tier most likely wouldnt capture it but may turn it towards a nw motion. Its going to come down towards the timing of that trof, which looks to be pretty strong as modelled currently.....definitely something to keep an eye on. Im sure Adam will be discussing this down the line to.

The 24 hr plots don't do the MR justice... it's definitely turned north from 228-240 on the Euro. This is a definite threat to the US, but it's all about timing the troughs. This isn't a slam dunk US threat like Irene was, where we were all talking about it 14 days in advance. The #1 reason being the flow across N America is much more progressive than this past week, where we had good ridging up in the Davis Straits blocking everything up.

The 24 hr plots don't do the MR justice... it's definitely turned north from 228-240 on the Euro. This is a definite threat to the US, but it's all about timing the troughs. This isn't a slam dunk US threat like Irene was, where we were all talking about it 14 days in advance. The #1 reason being the flow across N America is much more progressive than this past week, where we had good ridging up in the Davis Straits blocking everything up.

yea i have the 6hr plots, but obviously can't post them...but it starts to get a wnw turn to it around hr 234 from the trof crossing the northern tier..when you say progressive flow are you talking bout the westerlies? What would need to happen for this to hit the coast, just time it after a cold front?

Archived