joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this may have something to do with recurve even though it's not as much of a factor in summer. +PNA and -NAO = east coast trough.

nao.sprd2.gif

-NAO since early June. That is incredible! It didnt reject the extreme heat from getting here but it definitely helped keep our heat waves short. Would like to see it go positive to get a nice Bermuda ridge established for the meat of the hurricane season.

-NAO since early June. That is incredible! It didnt reject the extreme heat from getting here but it definitely helped keep our heat waves short. Would like to see it go positive to get a nice Bermuda ridge established for the meat of the hurricane season.

-NAO's in summer can yield heat waves...shorter wavelengths can easily be beat down by a strong enough ridge.

For point of comparison, the 12z euro took 92l to 60w in recurve. My inkling is that 92l is a fish (might be a Bermuda system at worst) as is the one behind it, which I think is already farther north coming off of Africa than 92l was.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if some homebrew fired up off of the Carolinas next week after Sunday's front drops to the Carolinas and stalls out.

Been on the NC coast when those little systems stall. Doesn't make for a good vaca!

Appreciate this thread here as you all track anything out there in the Atlantic. The family is heading to OBX on the 21st. Not the greatest time of year for weather there, but hoping for a 50-50 week at least.

For point of comparison, the 12z euro took 92l to 60w in recurve. My inkling is that 92l is a fish (might be a Bermuda system at worst) as is the one behind it, which I think is already farther north coming off of Africa than 92l was.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if some homebrew fired up off of the Carolinas next week after Sunday's front drops to the Carolinas and stalls out.

I sure hope future 93L doesn't fish also. It would be a shame to waste a nice grannycane name like Gert

93L is gonna have to really thread the needle to become any threat to the east coast. Too far south and it's a Caribbean storm (although still fun to track) and too far north and it gets whisked out to sea. A track just north of Hispaniola would be ideal.

93l on the euro last night hits Cancun in ten days lol

it's gone from Bermuda to Cancun in about 24 hours.

:weenie:

:P

:blahblah: !!!! haha.

i believe that will the 1st and last time i post a fantasy cane' on here. Although, the thread got a little busier since i've posted.

Still, with the return of the -NAO after a brief dip into the positive anomaly, the EC seems pretty well protected from such occurances.

test8.gif

Archived