Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 23-25th Winter Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

3-5" south of 59 and 2-3 inches north 59 and possibly 4" ne macomb cty

The sharp dry air gradient was what brought that date to mind. Wont ever forget that. Partly cloudy 1 minute then ripping snow the next. Insane. Supper high ratios and fog dropped visibilities down to less than a 1/4 mile. Ended up with 5.5 here. DTX had me down for 1-3. Not a bust for them though.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macomb Cty

Thursday: Snow and freezing drizzle likely before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming north between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday Night: Snow after midnight. Low around 28. North northeast wind between 10 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday: Snow before 1pm. High near 32. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 13 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I guess so, but you never know for sure when it's done with its adjustments, and the GFS stayed obstinately south for quite awhile. Only late last night did it really start its small shifts.

LOL all guidance will adjust. That is part of the forecast process is to consider how things will or may potentially adjust and use probs and wording to relay spread/confidence. Like I have said over and over--models don't give us verbatim solutions 5 days out. Euro doesn't, GFS doesn't, NAM doesn't, UK, or any other model. Shifts in track are all part of the process.

Archived