• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 24-25 OV/IN/PIT Winter Storm

dilly84

These models are a freaking joke. 6z nam now stays warm all the way up to mansfield. I'm done. Whatever happens, happens. It is obvious that the models just suck. Period. We won't know what's going to happen until the runs before it hits. Just a joke.

As I stated in the other thread, I would be leery of any solution shown for the 2nd system if the 1st one is depicted strong, because the amount of confluence left behind the first system plus the minimal amount of wave seperation would be very limiting for the 2nd system.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, really Dilly? Why won't you wait until the first storm goes through. My god, they aren't going to be perfect and consistent 70+ hours out.

Yea really. They can't even figure out which system is the stronger of the two. Just keep flip flopping. Aside that I wasn't in your storm thread commenting was I? And yes long range models should be consistant 2 days out, they should at least have a handle on track, etc. You can worship em all ya want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is, that for the past 3 weeks the models have sucked when it comes to storms. Couldn't even get the last ones right 6hrs out. Need I remind you of the last 2 snows? They have been horrendous. Period.

Yea really. They can't even figure out which system is the stronger of the two. Just keep flip flopping. Aside that I wasn't in your storm thread commenting was I? And yes long range models should be consistant 2 days out, they should at least have a handle on track, etc. You can worship em all ya want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is, that for the past 3 weeks the models have sucked when it comes to storms. Couldn't even get the last ones right 6hrs out. Need I remind you of the last 2 snows? They have been horrendous. Period.

No offense but they have only sucked for Ohio, the rest of the area has been modeled fairly well actually.

LOL @ Cleveland. Story of the winter!

:lol: Story of the winter is right. I have no hope of seeing any snow from this so anything more than 0 is a bonus. Messy set-up for sure. I have a hard time believing parts of Erie county and WNY see 16+ while just 3 counties away sees nothing... but it wouldn't surprise me. Central lake erie always seems to be the target for the rn/sn line

As I stated in the other thread, I would be leery of any solution shown for the 2nd system if the 1st one is depicted strong, because the amount of confluence left behind the first system plus the minimal amount of wave seperation would be very limiting for the 2nd system.

this was my original thought as well. The first storm could really dampen out the second storm if the first is strong. I'd be surprised if anyone ended up with snow on snow or rain on rain with 1 and 2.

Maybe a tiny bit of frozen something at the end, but not much. Cold air is just too late at CMH

MON 18Z 21-FEB 2.1 4.3 1008 94 89 0.33 554 547

TUE 00Z 22-FEB 0.8 1.4 1009 96 100 0.48 553 546

TUE 06Z 22-FEB -0.2 1.1 1010 89 68 0.27 547 540

TUE 12Z 22-FEB -2.5 -1.7 1014 82 45 0.01 546 535

TUE 18Z 22-FEB -1.3 -5.7 1019 75 42 0.02 549 534

Worst. Winter. Ever. Just horrible. Everything looked good yesterday, now we get moisture, but the cold air is late. So we go from rain to 10min of light snow to cold. Bring on the spring. I'm done with the warm wet/cold dry crap.

I won't give up yet. Most of the models are so close on temps. A 1 -2 degree difference means the difference of heavy rain or heavy snow.

I lol'ed. You flop as much as the models.

Seriously, I feel your pain. My area was right on the snow/sleet/ice line for the blizzard storm and I've been right on the edge of the heavier snows for the numerous hybrid clipper systems earlier in the winter. It can get kind of frustrating knowing you are going to be right on line so far ahead of time.

I lol'ed. You flop as much as the models.

Seriously, I feel your pain. My area was right on the snow/sleet/ice line for the blizzard storm and I've been right on the edge of the heavier snows for the numerous hybrid clipper systems earlier in the winter. It can get kind of frustrating knowing you are going to be right on line so far ahead of time.

Don't believe I said I gave up in the first post. But its more frustrating when they show heavy snow only to flop to rain so close to start time.

I won't give up yet. Most of the models are so close on temps. A 1 -2 degree difference means the difference of heavy rain or heavy snow.

Back away from the ledge Dilly. It's just not OH's year for synoptic storms... rarely is for that matter. You folk's in Central OH will soon be basking in 60 - 70 degree warmth while up by lake shore we will have a stiff NE wind with temp in the mid 40's. The book has been written on this winter. Don't get too upset about it. Like Cleveland sports teams... there's always next year.

Back away from the ledge Dilly. It's just not OH's year for synoptic storms... rarely is for that matter. You folk's in Central OH will soon be basking in 60 - 70 degree warmth while up by lake shore we will have a stiff NE wind with temp in the mid 40's. The book has been written on this winter. Don't get too upset about it. Like Cleveland sports teams... there's always next year.

Honestly..I am ready for spring!! If it's not going to be a decent storm..please bring on spring!!!

I know all about that. I'm a browns, cavs and indians fan lol

Fail on this one and the next system looks to be too far south for severe weather but too far north for frozen precip. I HATE that. Just a batch of rain....How sucky. Guess we need it :arrowhead:

Im the biggest winter fanatic you'll meet and im shocked to say it but I want the winter over. Im just done with it.

Archived