Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 24-25 OV/IN/PIT Winter Storm

dilly84

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waves of snow keep rolling in from the North. Right around 10 inches now. :thumbsup:

This next, and probably last batch should be good for another inch or two.

I think it's done now. Impossible to tell how much has fallen downtown here next to the lake. I'm eager to see the CLE total. My bet is 7.8"

I think it's done now. Impossible to tell how much has fallen downtown here next to the lake. I'm eager to see the CLE total. My bet is 7.8"

Well congrats on your 6"+ synoptic storm. Enjoy it, like mine from the 22nd, it'll only last a couple days before being washed away. I need to measure to see how much I got.

The QPF from this was meager at best. Just 0.66 at CLE. Yesterdays EURO and NAM were consistently showing 1.10"+

I will stick by my rule that if model QPF is in excess of 0.75" deduct 30% and assume 10:1 ratio to determine the general snowfall for the area.

The QPF from this was meager at best. Just 0.66 at CLE. Yesterdays EURO and NAM were consistently showing 1.10"+

I will stick by my rule that if model QPF is in excess of 0.75" deduct 30% and assume 10:1 ratio to determine the general snowfall for the area.

I agree with that in dec, jan, early feb. But late february/March snows usually do have higher qpf and 10:1 would be standard in March for sure. Not always in earlier months. I think the storm was a tab further south, which is why your qpf wasn't very high.

Definitely gonna be rainy possible t-storms which doesn't interest me at all. My attention now turns to the 7-9 when I believe we will see the major storm for central OH.

Sorry Dilly...i gotta laugh!! I am so done with winter!!! Bring on severe season!!:thumbsup:

Laugh it up. You'll see. And btw. Severe season blows. Id take sunny over rain any day of the week.

Edit for spelling. Brain fart.

Don't worry..i really don't care any more!! Bring on the spring..I really could care less if it snows in March! Plus it won't!

Besides Columbus, are there any other cities in the entire Midwest that have yet to reach normal seasonal snowfall?

I know I'm probably close to average, but its been a bunch of garbage storms. 1" here and there.. biggest storm has been 5.5 - 6 the other day. But it was basically gone within a day and a half.

ended up with 4.3" here so season imby at 58.5"! snow depth 11" plus drifts. feb total 31.3" imby. just awesome. dtw had 3.3" with the storm, 31.1" on the month (2nd snowiest feb and 3rd snowies month on record!!!) and 58.3" on season. im loving it! Looks like 5" in much of monroe county with this storm, amounts REALLY tapered N and W of DTW. Its amazing to think that my area has just about the deepest snow anywhere in the great lakes/midwest now until you hit far northern mn/wi and parts of the u.p. Im really starting to think this winter gets an A+ for me, not A. at 58.5" im still behind 02-03, 04-05, 07-08, and 08-09. Though its late feb and we have plenty of snow season to go, whether or not i surpass any or all of those in total snowfall is a moot point. at 70 days and counting of 1"+ snwdpth, this is my whitest winter ever, and at dtw the whitest since 1981-82. All three months of winter were colder than normal. ive had thundersnow 3 times. ive had two 10" snowstorms. feb at 31.3" and counting is my snowiest month (beating 31.2" in jan 2005). Honestly this IS a downriver detroit winter so im basking in it as i know next year, even if we have a good winter (which early indicators are once again we will) i doubt my area will be the sweetspot again!

Heres 2 last pics to add to the ones I took this morning:

2745-800.jpg

2746-800.jpg

Archived