amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 24-25 OV/IN/PIT Winter Storm

dilly84

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the storm looks a bit farther north than what the 6z NAM has...judging by the radar, FWA to TOL may get the jackpot amounts and not the places in Central Ohio the NAM hits hardest.

I'm not from the region so don't know your climo that well, but the radar presentation indicates there's going to be some big totals around the I-90/I-69 junction.

I think the storm looks a bit farther north than what the 6z NAM has...judging by the radar, FWA to TOL may get the jackpot amounts and not the places in Central Ohio the NAM hits hardest.

I'm not from the region so don't know your climo that well, but the radar presentation indicates there's going to be some big totals around the I-90/I-69 junction.

As for heaviest amount I wouldn't be shocked if nam is correct. For instance MFD normally does well. And you can see on the cam shot above they aren't doin bad so far.

Some pretty intense stuff in this wrap around snow...visibility near a quarter mile here and there has been some lightning. Haven't seen any IMBY but I've been sleeping.

Yeah... definitely blizzard conditions. Radar is looking nice. Should continue for a good part of the morning. Haven't been out to measure but it looks like 3-4 inches.

Yeah... definitely blizzard conditions. Radar is looking nice. Should continue for a good part of the morning. Haven't been out to measure but it looks like 3-4 inches.

Ya similar amounts here just eyeballing. The snow was either sleet or significantly rimed though until about a half hour ago which has hurt totals a little thus far at least down here.

I have no idea how I'll even measure this snow with 40+ mph winds.

The winds will likely hold accums back a bit versus a general wind free snowfall.

I wasn't expecting winds like this. Probably much worse by the lake IYBY. The storms seems to be moving fast. Hopefully we can get 3-4 more hours of this.

I wasn't expecting winds like this. Probably much worse by the lake IYBY. The storms seems to be moving fast. Hopefully we can get 3-4 more hours of this.

Yeah, I can see this thing being pretty much done by 10 am. Storm totals may only be 6-8"

CLE updated the warning...only mentioned considerable blowing and drifting lowering visibilities below a mile...

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS

AFTERNOON...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS

AFTERNOON.

THE MOST INTENSE SNOWFALL WILL BE THIS MORNING AND THEN THE SNOW

WILL TAPER OFF THIS AFTERNOON FROM WEST TO EAST. SNOWFALL RATES

OF AN INCH AN HOUR WILL OCCUR AT TIMES. SOME LOCALLY HIGHER

SNOWFALL RATES COULD OCCUR IN ISOLATED THUNDER SNOW.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS DURING THE DAYLIGHT HOURS WILL BE MAINLY 2 TO

4 INCHES WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE SNOW BELT COUNTIES. TOTAL

STORM SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES...WITH SOME

LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. OVERNIGHT SNOWFALL RANGED FROM 2 TO

4 INCHES AT MOST LOCATIONS.

GUSTY WINDS WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND

THAT WILL LOWER THE VISIBILITY BELOW ONE MILE.

TRAVEL WILL BE SLOW AND EXTRA TIME WILL BE NEEDED FOR THE MORNING

COMMUTE. THE AFTERNOON COMMUTE SHOULD BE BETTER.

Snow still coming down here. Winds are ripping... 40 mph gusts at times. Looks like a few more hours of the backside stuff. Should push the total close to 10".

As usual the QPF was way overdone. I can't help but think the 40+ mph winds kept accums from getting out of hand.

Still a great storm. I bet CLE comes in around 8"

As usual the QPF was way overdone. I can't help but think the 40+ mph winds kept accums from getting out of hand.

Still a great storm. I bet CLE comes in around 8"

Yep, winds and snow type certainly affected accums. Still a great storm. One more batch to come through. Just went out and the roads are terrible. I think most cities pulled the plows until it slows down.

Archived