• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z EURO 2/15/11

Porsche

This thread should be folded into the medium/long range thread... or renamed to indicate a date threat..

yea i agree. I think it should go in the medium/long range discussion till the possible event is 5 days or less away then it can have its own thread. It would be weenish to start a threat page for a possible thread 6-7 days away. We all know what happened with the feb 9-11 threat that looked so great 6-7 days away.

0z GFS seems to be trending a lot closer to the 12z ECM.

the primary is farther west, and the surface is colder. the GFS also pops a secondary between 150 and 156, just a little too late and too far north/east, but the 18z GFS did not have a secondary at all.

very interesting if you ask me

0z GFS seems to be trending a lot closer to the 12z ECM.

the primary is farther west, and the surface is colder. the GFS also pops a secondary between 150 and 156, just a little too late and too far north/east, but the 18z GFS did not have a secondary at all.

very interesting if you ask me

0z GFS from last night looks like the 0z GFS from Monday night. Meh. Models are going to waffle and I wouldn't be surprised if the GFS went back north a few more times... There's some potential here though.

Meanwhile the 0Z ECM has 2 inches of snow at most... there is so much confluence that the system gets sheared out and drops 0.2" of precip at most before heading out to sea.

This makes me think the system will probably be faster than the Euro's depiction...maybe GFS timing, Euro strength, track remains the wildcard?

Latest Wxsim program with 6z data has a mix of snow and rain arriving by 5pm Sunday evening (temp 39.5). Changing to moderate snow between 7 and midnight (temp 31.6) with 2 to 3" of snow accumulating before changing to ZR/IP mix by 130am...over to plain rain by 730am...rain to lt rain ending by 7pm on Monday night

Total precip 0.49"

Archived