• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer "Wet" Season

toad strangler

Dry as a bone on the Treasure Coast (humidity is on the upswing). This weekend not looking promising anymore :angry:

I was thinking the same thing, for me here in Lakeland it looks like not much action after today. Looks like South Florida will get most of the fun from this system.:axe:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up .35 of very welcome rain.:thumbsup:

Pretty impressive for a few minutes. Wife called and said winds were really strong in Belleview which is about 5 miles west of me. I soon found out what she was talking about. The initial gusts had to be at least 45 but my anemometer only reported 25 due to a large tree in the way. Stayed pretty gusty and had white out conditions for about 15 seconds. Highest gust I found around the area was 38.

All in all pretty good storm. Only problem is I want more!

perhaps I spoke too soon. Looks like a line is forming over the eastern okeechobee area and heading my way.

Looks like the T Coast is going to get it pretty good.

If it's anything like up here expect some real gusty winds as these storms arrive.

Picked up .35 of very welcome rain.:thumbsup:

Pretty impressive for a few minutes. Wife called and said winds were really strong in Belleview which is about 5 miles west of me. I soon found out what she was talking about. The initial gusts had to be at least 45 but my anemometer only reported 25 due to a large tree in the way. Stayed pretty gusty and had white out conditions for about 15 seconds. Highest gust I found around the area was 38.

All in all pretty good storm. Only problem is I want more!

I know exactly what you mean. I got .30 inches of rain from the storm but for the most part it was a bust. At least the Rainy Season is just a stones throw away.:popcorn:

Looks like the T Coast is going to get it pretty good.

If it's anything like up here expect some real gusty winds as these storms arrive.

How right you were. 40mph gusts for 5 minutes I am estimating as soon as the heavy rain came. I should have know better then to hug the radar when I cried wolf about getting hosed. This line blew up in a matter of minutes over Lake Okeechobee. Wall cloud below before the heavy rain! I did not have my rain gauge out as I was busy installing a ceiling fan and chasing my kids but I would guess at least .35 or so in 35 minutes.

Notice todays smallish harvest of love bugs on the front of my Dodge :lol:

100_6323.jpg

Nothing yet for Miami, but I think we'll get hit multiple times in the next 48 hrs :whistle:

The SPC agrees with you, tidbit from the day 3 discussion( Day 2 highlights S Florida also)

FARTHER SOUTH...OF MORE CONCERN WILL BE THE DESTABILIZATION POSSIBLE

ACROSS THE SRN PENINSULA WHERE WLY FLOW SHOULD CONTINUE WITHIN THE

BASE OF THE UPPER TROUGH. STRONG BOUNDARY LAYER HEATING WILL LIKELY

CONTRIBUTE TO STEEP LAPSE RATES AND FAVORABLE SOLENOIDAL

CIRCULATIONS FOR ROBUST THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT. THIS SCENARIO

CERTAINLY WARRANTS AT LEAST A 5% PROBABILITY FOR SEVERE GIVEN THAT

500MB TEMPERATURES WILL APPROACH MINUS 12-14C ACROSS THIS REGION

DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS.

Just checked the radar and there are more cells forming along the front. Didn't expect much with a nighttime frontal passage. No instability and all.

It's a beautiful night at 67 degrees so I may get out the lawn chair and see if we get a good light show. Or even better another round of storms.:popcorn:

Had a decent round of storms overnight with a nice Lightning display. Tomorrow looks interesting for parts of Central and South Florida but more so for South Florida for some big storms. , I wouldn't be surprised to see some large hail from storms on Monday.

The SPC agrees with you, tidbit from the day 3 discussion( Day 2 highlights S Florida also)

We had a brief thundershower, primarily to the north, last night as the storms over Broward county collapsed. Outflow boundary was pretty evident on radar, and got quite windy.

Then this morning the MCS rolled through, primarily to the south, and again made things windy. A brief cell popped up right over my house before the main show giving us some very close CGs and a few seconds of pea size hail! (sorry, no pics).

Right now I can see a storm down by Key Largo and some anvil lightning.

Models seem to be backing off most of the activity originally forecast for tomorrow, so I guess that's about it. Overall, a decent little synoptic type system for this time of year.

Looks like some unseasonable cooler weather on tap for Norrth and Central Florida. The Tampa office mentions Tuesday may break record low High Temps. The record low High temp for Lakeland is 79 for Tuesday.. Oh the horror!!!:snowman:

Some unseasonably cold, dry air is always appreciated in the spring, even if it isn't actually cold!

Man, some freakish lightening show from storms WAY off the coast can be seen from MBY and probably the entire TC into Palm Beach county at least. I took a 15 second video and will post it soon. Total moonlit sky too ..... the perks of this FL sky :thumbsup:

Saw one just off the coast at the airport here. Spectacular show, lots of lightning.

Missed the storms this past saturday and Sunday in Central Florida. I drove to Miami late Friday night for the weekend to do a little partying. My friend graduated from UM so we cut loose. Got back to Orlando late afternoon Sunday and followed it up with Bon Jovi 11th row floor seats at the new Amway Center.

We rented a boat on Saturday and went out on Biscayne Bay, down towards Virginia Key and Key Biscayne. One really cool place that we went that I never knew existed was Stiltsville. For any of you in South Florida that have a boat you really should make an effort to check this place out. Some information on Wikipedia about Stiltsville is below.

Stiltsville

Missed the storms this past saturday and Sunday in Central Florida. I drove to Miami late Friday night for the weekend to do a little partying. My friend graduated from UM so we cut loose. Got back to Orlando late afternoon Sunday and followed it up with Bon Jovi 11th row floor seats at the new Amway Center.

We rented a boat on Saturday and went out on Biscayne Bay, down towards Virginia Key and Key Biscayne. One really cool place that we went that I never knew existed was Stiltsville. For any of you in South Florida that have a boat you really should make an effort to check this place out. Some information on Wikipedia about Stiltsville is below.

Stiltsville

Wow, I have lived in Florida for awhile and I never heard of Stiltsville. I wouldn't want to be there during a major hurricane.:lol:

Man what great weather. Just for the hell of it I compared today's weather with last years weather on this date.

Today-77 degrees. Last year- 92 degrees

Today's DP-46. Last years DP-68

Today's humidity-39. Last years humidity-65.

While it is nice it also means no rain at all for a while. Looks like it won't be till next week until things become conducive again for rain.

The dry weather continues.:thumbsdown:

Man what great weather. Just for the hell of it I compared today's weather with last years weather on this date.

Today-77 degrees. Last year- 92 degrees

Today's DP-46. Last years DP-68

Today's humidity-39. Last years humidity-65.

While it is nice it also means no rain at all for a while. Looks like it won't be till next week until things become conducive again for rain.

The dry weather continues.:thumbsdown:

Yea, it is going to be really boring in Florida the next week to 10 days, so much for any chance of an early start to the rainy season.:angry:

So I get home this afternoon and I notice 2 black bugs "sitting" on top of each other. WTF? Yea, love bugs. LOL. Not a lot, nothing like a swarm or anything. Maybe 10-20 of them.

I was more impressed with the fact that they took off together. I don't care what you are or where you came from, that's talent.

yeah, ho hum on the onset of the :raining: / :lightning: season. Although night time humidity is noticeable IMBY for the first time in awhile.

There is this : 2011 Atlantic Basin Tropical Forecast to keep us distracted for a bit!

Yea, things look dry for the most part the next week or so. As for the NOAA forecast, 12-18 storms.. So about average to well above average is the forecast.:lol:

Archived