• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer "Wet" Season

toad strangler

Multiple reports of pea to dim/nickel sized hail and FCs from PSL and SL West areas since about 650-ish. Also, some hefty radar-estimated rainfall amounts extending NE toward the barrier islands...3-6" in a swath from Carlton-SL West-PSL to FPR inlet and the Nuke plant. Classic case of enhancement of TS due to ECSB/Lake O breeze interaction. Could see the overshooting tops/anvil from the office at MLB rather easily. You can always call the office with reports if you want. I can give you our toll-free phone number

I live in St. Lucie West! I am roughly 4 miles west of the Nuke Plant. I will PM you .... thanks

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple reports of pea to dime/nickel sized hail and FCs from PSL and SL West areas since about 650-ish. Also, some hefty radar-estimated rainfall amounts extending NE toward the barrier islands...3-6" in a swath from Carlton-SL West-PSL to FPR inlet and the Nuke plant. Classic case of enhancement of TS due to ECSB/Lake O breeze interaction. Could see the overshooting tops/anvil from the office at MLB rather easily. You can always call the office with reports if you want. I can give you our toll-free phone number

Yes, have been following the impressive storms over in your neck of the woods. I guess just a little preview for the main show come late May/June!!!

1/4" hail in Port Saint Lucie. It's not out of control but its there! Yep, we are moving along! Bounce hear and a bounce there .... I am loving it :thumbsup: At least an inch of rain with this line.

I figured seeing the cool Mid level temps some of the storms would produce hail. The action stayed well east of me today. Lets see what tomorrow brings.:lol:

Took my kid to her softball game last night. Skies looked ok but nothing bad.

Long story short the skies freakin opened up. Lightning, hail. high winds, and a boat load of rain. The dry field turned into a lake in about 10 minutes. We went from sweating sitting in the stands to freezing with wind blowing. Crazy.

Of course 2 miles away at home not a drop. :angry:

Hopefully today we'll get some.

Took my kid to her softball game last night. Skies looked ok but nothing bad.

Long story short the skies freakin opened up. Lightning, hail. high winds, and a boat load of rain. The dry field turned into a lake in about 10 minutes. We went from sweating sitting in the stands to freezing with wind blowing. Crazy.

Of course 2 miles away at home not a drop. :angry:

Hopefully today we'll get some.

Typical Florida !!!:lol:

I see the SPC has expanded the Slight risk area for Thursday along the Eastern side of Florida down to just south of the Melbourne area.

ACROSS THE CENTRAL FLORIDA PENINSULA...WIND

FIELDS/SHEAR WILL BE MUCH WEAKER...BUT A REMNANT PRE-FRONTAL OUTFLOW

BOUNDARY MAY ENHANCE LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST

SEA BREEZE...IN THE PRESENCE OF LARGE CAPE DURING THE PEAK AFTERNOON

HEATING.

post-974-0-43376000-1303931692.gif

I know its not Florida but KHTX in northern AL has 19 current T warnings.

That radar looks ridiculous.. Same system that comes through here tomorrow but not as strong.

Yea, I have seen the radar and it is ugly!!!. Maybe in the heating of the day we will be able to fire off a few strong storms tomorrow here in Florida.

I know its not Florida but KHTX in northern AL has 19 current T warnings.

That radar looks ridiculous.. Same system that comes through here tomorrow but not as strong.

One thing that sucks about living this far south is strong lines rarely make it. Usually just rain and a little wind.

One thing that sucks about living this far south is strong lines rarely make it. Usually just rain and a little wind.

Yes, when I lived down in South Florida I would follow the radar and see a nice line of storms in Central Florida, only to see it weaken shortly after clearing the Central part of the state. South Florida does make up for it in the summer though, with tropical waves and a higher chance of a real tropical system visiting the region.:lol:

While it won't be a squall line , the Day 3 outlook from the SPC does offer you some hope of seeing some decent storms in S Fl. on Friday.!!

...S FL...

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO AFFECT S FL DAY 3 /FRI

4-29/...INVOF THE SLOW SWD-MOVING FRONT. THOUGH DEEP-LAYER WIND

FIELD SHOULD REMAIN MODEST...AMPLE SHEAR FOR A FEW LONGER-LIVED

STORMS MAY EXIST -- WHEN COMBINED WITH AFTERNOON DESTABILIZATION --

AND THUS WILL INCLUDE LOW-PROBABILITY SEVERE POTENTIAL FOR AREAS

NEAR AND S OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE.

I don't know if you want these particular lines to make it here. Was just watching the Weather Channel and they had a live shot of a huge T going north of Birmingham. Kind of sobering to realize whats going on, on the ground up there. Spotters were saying EF4 and EF5 damage.

Oh well, looks like I should get some much needed rain tomorrow.:thumbsup:

The Mid Morning update from Tampa sounds very promising for some big storms later today.

12Z RAOB PARAMETERS SHOW GOOD INSTABILITY...COLD

DRY AIR ALOFT AND FAVORABLE WET BULB ZERO HEIGHTS AND EFFECTIVE

SHEAR VALUES. THESE PARAMETERS COMBINED WITH GOOD SURFACE HEATING

AND SEA BREEZE CIRCULATIONS ALL SUGGESTS THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME

STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS THIS AFTERNOON WITH THE MAIN HAZARDS BEING

LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS...AND EVEN AN ISOLATED TORNADO. GIVEN

THIS WILL UPDATE THE GRIDS AND ZONES SHORTLY TO ADD MENTION OF SOME

STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE FOR THE AFTERNOON AND EXPAND THE 30 PERCENT

POP COVERAGE SOUTH TO INCLUDE SARASOTA...DESOTO...HARDEE AND

HIGHLANDS COUNTIES.

I don't know if you want these particular lines to make it here. Was just watching the Weather Channel and they had a live shot of a huge T going north of Birmingham. Kind of sobering to realize whats going on, on the ground up there. Spotters were saying EF4 and EF5 damage.

Oh well, looks like I should get some much needed rain tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Yea, I just saw this morning, yesterdays outbreak killed 200 people, making it the deadliest outbreak in 40 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_severe_weather

Only received .15 here. Need much more than that. The line looked pretty healthy when I crashed but looking at it when I got up it petered out pretty quickly.:angry:

Maybe next week.

Same here, the line looked pretty good and then really faded. Like you said, another chance next week. W e are heading into May, which is a transition month, the rainy season isn't far away !!!:thumbsup:

Nothing like a 41 degree swing in temps today.

48 this morning and 89 this afternoon.

Yea, it was cooler and less humid this morrning but really warmed up this afternoon, it hit 90. 41 degrees, brr that's cold for this time of the year. Is that a record low for your area???

Archived