Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer "Wet" Season

toad strangler

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Afternoons AFD from Miami sounds bullish on the system in the Caribbean bringing some much needed rainfall to South Florida in the extended range. Looking at Satellite pictures things are starting to fire up in the Southern Caribbean.

FOR THE EXTENDED...A DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE IN THE CARIBBEAN IS

EXPECTED TO MOVE NORTHWARD ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA...WHICH WILL BRING A

SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MOISTURE TO THE AREA. THIS...OF COURSE...WILL

INCREASE THE CHANCES OF SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS FOR THE UPCOMING

WEEK.

post-974-0-65975400-1306611715.png

This Afternoons AFD from Miami sounds bullish on the system in the Caribbean bringing some much needed rainfall to South Florida in the extended range. Looking at Satellite pictures things are starting to fire up in the Southern Caribbean.

Nice!

When they talk extended, how far away is that? 5-7 days?

I got another round of T-storms yesterday but need a lot more rain. Off and on chances the next week for rain.

Good for you. Up here, not so good. Hopefully the extended will bring some moisture up this way.

Getting kind of used to it though. It always seems my back yard is the last to get the rain.

Good for you. Up here, not so good. Hopefully the extended will bring some moisture up this way.

Getting kind of used to it though. It always seems my back yard is the last to get the rain.

Todays 12Z EURO offers some hope for the extended period. It's still 10 days out but it will be interesting to see if the trend for that system to come out of the Caribbean continues.

post-974-0-11834400-1306698822.gif

At least through next weekend Jville isn't impressed with any additional moisture showing up.

Long term...Thu-sun. A large middle/upper ridge will remain in place from the S central Continental U.S. To the middle MS valley to the southern Great Lakes. The 500 mb high pressure center will shift northeastward from Friday through sun from Texas/OK area to Tennessee. Meanwhile...broad low pressure in the western Caribbean will drift west to northwest and thus keep our forecast area in a prevailing east and southeast flow. Deep layer moisture remains low and only isolated convection is expected at this time from Friday-sun mainly due to sea breeze boundaries influences. Maximum temperatures will be near to slightly above normal.

At least through next weekend Jville isn't impressed with any additional moisture showing up.

Long term...Thu-sun. A large middle/upper ridge will remain in place from the S central Continental U.S. To the middle MS valley to the southern Great Lakes. The 500 mb high pressure center will shift northeastward from Friday through sun from Texas/OK area to Tennessee. Meanwhile...broad low pressure in the western Caribbean will drift west to northwest and thus keep our forecast area in a prevailing east and southeast flow. Deep layer moisture remains low and only isolated convection is expected at this time from Friday-sun mainly due to sea breeze boundaries influences. Maximum temperatures will be near to slightly above normal.

Yea, it seems any moisture that Florida might get from the Caribbean will be in the 7+ day range. With the deep easterly flow the WCSB will be closer to the coast, so it looks like limited boomer chances in my neck of the woods the next few days.

Hey Florida gang,

As mentioned earlier, headed down for a big fishing trip in Charlotte Harbor Tuesday through Sunday.

I've noticed a big discrepancy between wind speed forecasts from the NAM vs. the GFS -- GFS much more bullish than the NAM on this easterly flow the AFD's have mentioned. Wondering why the NWS is going with the GFS -- would appreciate any help!

Didn't a nice cell go through Orlando Friday evening?

We did get a little, but it ended up being only .10 of an inch. I know areas of western Orange County that probably got more than 3" though. Its so hit or miss.

Hey Florida gang,

As mentioned earlier, headed down for a big fishing trip in Charlotte Harbor Tuesday through Sunday.

I've noticed a big discrepancy between wind speed forecasts from the NAM vs. the GFS -- GFS much more bullish than the NAM on this easterly flow the AFD's have mentioned. Wondering why the NWS is going with the GFS -- would appreciate any help!

My guess is it's the way the models handle the low in the caribbean and resulting pressure gradient but it's just a guess. You might want to PM U-THANT.He is a Pro-Met out of the Melbourne Florida office and he would be able to give you a much better answer to your question.

A small chance of rain for north central Florida tomorrow but after that nothing through next Tuesday.

Took a ride a few miles to my east yesterday. Man what a difference. They got a bunch of rain Friday evening and everything is lush and green. Around here I can barely get the weeds to grow over my septic tank.

Totaled .86 for May and .72 for April so things are crazy dry.

So much for the rainy season beginning on time around here.

A small chance of rain for north central Florida tomorrow but after that nothing through next Tuesday.

Took a ride a few miles to my east yesterday. Man what a difference. They got a bunch of rain Friday evening and everything is lush and green. Around here I can barely get the weeds to grow over my septic tank.

Totaled .86 for May and .72 for April so things are crazy dry.

So much for the rainy season beginning on time around here.

Yep, it seems the pattern will be hanging around to keep us dry in Central Florida for awhile. Hopefully, the pattern will change and the rainy season will start quicker then what the models are showing.

latest Melbourne discussion says:

FRI-TUE...(PREVIOUS DISCUSSION) NOT MUCH CHANGE IN THE FORECAST

INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK AS DEEP LAYER RIDGE REMAINS IN PLACE ACROSS

THE SOUTHEAST...WITH ONLY ISOLATED PRECIP CHANCES...AT BEST...

THROUGH THE PERIOD.

pfffffffffft

Still 10 days to 2 weeks before this starts getting weird. And frustrating.

latest Melbourne discussion says:

FRI-TUE...(PREVIOUS DISCUSSION) NOT MUCH CHANGE IN THE FORECAST

INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK AS DEEP LAYER RIDGE REMAINS IN PLACE ACROSS

THE SOUTHEAST...WITH ONLY ISOLATED PRECIP CHANCES...AT BEST...

THROUGH THE PERIOD.

pfffffffffft

Still 10 days to 2 weeks before this starts getting weird. And frustrating.

Interesting sat loop of the little feature that will give North and Central Florida some sct rain chances tomorrow. That convection moving SW around the ridge and toward Florida is whats left over from a MCS that was in the Midwest Sunday and is off the Carolina Coast tonight. On another note, I don't buy the model solutions that keep the developing tropical system stuck in the Caribbean for the next 10 days. Just a hunch but I have a feeling we will see things change in the solutions the next 3 or 4 days. We will see.

http://www.ssd.noaa....l/loop-avn.html

This afternoons Tampa AFD offers some hope for some much needed rain starting Monday.

.LONG TERM (SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY)...

SURFACE RIDGE CENTERED WEST TO EAST OVER THE PENINSULA ON SUNDAY

NIGHT. A BACKDOOR COLD FRONT SLIPS DOWN INTO NORTHERN PORTIONS OF

THE AREA ON MONDAY...INCREASING MOISTURE AND ALLOWING FOR SOME

AFTERNOON POPS ALONG THE SEA BREEZE. WE MAY SEE SOME LINGERING POPS

MONDAY NIGHT UP NORTH NEAR THE BOUNDARY...BUT HAVE KEPT SILENT POPS

IN THE FORECAST FOR NOW. LOOKS LIKE BETTER RAIN CHANCES ON TUESDAY

AFTERNOON (AT LEAST WITH THE CURRENT TIMING OF THE BOUNDARY). STILL

A LITTLE UNCERTAIN ON TIMING HOWEVER SO HAVE LEFT POPS CAPPED AT 20%

FOR NOW. SIMILAR CONDITIONS EXPECTED WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY WITH

LINGERING MOISTURE AND SEA BREEZE INTERACTIONS. TEMPERATURES REMAIN

PRETTY STEADY THROUGHOUT THE EXTENDED PERIOD WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER

60S TO MID 70S AND HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S NEAR THE COAST AND INTO