• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE Round 1 - OBS Thread

free_man

I got just over 7" in Monson for the first round, which confirm your totals. But curious how areas so nearby report 3+ inches more. Could be that with near 30" on the ground measuring can get confusing.

I understand what you are saying - because usually I am the one reporting 4" and wondering why everyone else has 6, 7, 8" in neighboring towns... but we got 10.25". I measured in a driveway that was clear of all snow and ice. To double check, I measured in the unplowed street and an unplowed neighbor's driveway which had also been clear.

Right now, in Willimantic, CT (where I work) - doesn't seem like much really happened here. Sleet/freezing rain has made it impossible to measure the snow, but if I had to venture a guess, probably no more than 3 or 4 inches fell here before it switched over. Roads are a mess, but just freezing drizzle and 25 degrees right now. I-91 was about 30 miles per hour from Springfield to Windsor, and 384 wasn't much better especially towards Bolton Notch.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you are saying - because usually I am the one reporting 4" and wondering why everyone else has 6, 7, 8" in neighboring towns... but we got 10.25". I measured in a driveway that was clear of all snow and ice. To double check, I measured in the unplowed street and an unplowed neighbor's driveway which had also been clear.

Right now, in Willimantic, CT (where I work) - doesn't seem like much really happened here. Sleet/freezing rain has made it impossible to measure the snow, but if I had to venture a guess, probably no more than 3 or 4 inches fell here before it switched over. Roads are a mess, but just freezing drizzle and 25 degrees right now. I-91 was about 30 miles per hour from Springfield to Windsor, and 384 wasn't much better especially towards Bolton Notch.

You have company with the 10", we got that much in Sudbury MA. I spent 3 hours shoveling it off a previously clear driveway. Must be good ratios, because the shoveling wasn't too laborious.

Haven't seen reports of that much from towns adjacent to here either......

Is the PNS map product a new version? Looks dif. and it was updated pretty quickly

Not sure. I looked at a map last night, and it looks like no contours come up. May have something to do with the major hit on NWS websites nationwide today (and last couple of days). So many maps to look at this winter, eh?

--Turtle ;)

well a few hours ago after my walk and measuring in wide open areas I did come up with a hair more but its fractional..i will go with 7.5 final round 1.

I may be underreporting a few inches for the season but thats ok, it will be good juju against what bdl has done and maybe i will get thundersnow later with 3-4 in/hr rates...well one can only dream.

season total now stands at 58.2 inches imby. average depth is over two feet.

does anyone know how you post your individual storm totals on here so they appear at the bottom of the scroll? I posted them in my profile but want to post them here too..

well a few hours ago after my walk and measuring in wide open areas I did come up with a hair more but its fractional..i will go with 7.5 final round 1.

I may be underreporting a few inches for the season but thats ok, it will be good juju against what bdl has done and maybe i will get thundersnow later with 3-4 in/hr rates...well one can only dream.

season total now stands at 58.2 inches imby. average depth is over two feet.

does anyone know how you post your individual storm totals on here so they appear at the bottom of the scroll? I posted them in my profile but want to post them here too..

Go to your profile, then "change signature"

Then save it

Archived