CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate NY / North Country Thread Fall 2010

NYWx

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! It's interesting that both the operational GFS and Euro are now further east with the coastal on the 17th...but don't seem to cold enough for any snow...even over northern New England. Euro's got a nice looking Lake Effect set up for Friday and the weekend. Quite chilly.

Wow...the plug was pulled on EasternWx.com already. I just made it by about an hour and probably wouldn't have found the new place since it won't show up in any search results for quite some time.

I just sent an email to Andy over at WTEN...hopefully he finds his way to the new site.

Thank you for doing that. I did get an e-mail from eastern as well re the shutdown....

Have Doug, Delta and George come over? (wxdoug, DeltaT and LEK?)

I haven't seen them yet. As quickly as the old easternuswx forum was shutdown, I'm afraid several people might not have made transition to the new forum. Anyway, this is a weather forum, This weekend looks rather listless and boring weather wise. Looks like are next shot at seeing possible snow will be Thursday into Friday.

I made it! Feels like the Titanic sinking, and we are all looking around to see who survived! Hopefully, Marcus comes to his senses and re-opens eastern to get the message out to others.

Good to see you Lake Effect! For a moment there I was afraid that was it and that none of us would ever be posting in a forum like this again.

Good to see you Lake Effect! For a moment there I was afraid that was it and that none of us would ever be posting in a forum like this again.

Likewise to everyone I've seen made it so far! I think we'll be OK. In the future, it might not be a bad idea for us all to have some backup plan in case something like this ever happens again.

I had this happen to a sports forum one time, (also a fairly close knit community) and in one instant, it was GONE! All ties were shattered, and locating dozens, if not hundreds of memebers that were "important" to you were just GONE!

We take for granted that the ONE tie that creates the bond is quite fragile.

Archived