joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Florida Severe threat

janetjanet998

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back on how this played out it appears to have gone down exactly as predicted. Local media and forecaster's did a great job of warning the public of the potential for severe weather, however the "hype" machine was out of control at times. NWS MLB never hyped the event, however some pro forecasters and local media did.

Looking back on how this played out it appears to have gone down exactly as predicted. Local media and forecaster's did a great job of warning the public of the potential for severe weather, however the "hype" machine was out of control at times. NWS MLB never hyped the event, however some pro forecasters and local media did.

I thought everyone did a pretty good job with the storm. Some hype is to be expected but I didn't think it was to bad.

Thought this might be fitting to put here...basically the UNC basketball team flight decended through that line as they approached Miami for the game last night, sounds like they had fun :whistle:

http://www.foxsports...915&feedID=4354

Strickland: "I can't believe there was really a moment on this plane ride when I thought it was over."

Strickland again: "I still have my barf bag in my pocket."

Sophomore wing Leslie McDonald: "Just experienced the scariest plane ride ever… really didn't think we was going to make it! #ThankGod."

McDonald again: "I'm going to ask a question.. is it normal for a plane to legit keep you out of your seat for 3 seconds and nearly do a three sixty?"

Junior forward Justin Watts: "Thank him!!!... That flight was the worst ever. Thought we were going down for a sec."

Junior guard Larry Drew II: "Thank the LORD we jus landed in Miami."

Drew again: "Those are the type of flights that make you wanna do good, change ya life around. Lol"

Freshman guard Kendall Marshall: "Thank God for landing this plane safely."

:yikes:

Reminds me of a flight I took from San Fran to Tokyo in Jan 99, 747 across the pond and once we were close to AK, the "buckle the seatbelts" sign lit up, and that repeated twice more for the flight, each time lasted about 15-20 min and svr turbulence, we were going through fronts. I swore the wings were going to rip off the plane as I remember the engines and wing flexing out the window thinking it would snap. Drop a couple k', and rev back up to gain altitude... I thought we were going down several times, and that coupled with a general fear of heights lead to +EtOH consumption on the ride.

Archived