-
Posts
2,235 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by KEITH L.I
-
Reminds me of Bob, except Bob was stronger. Eye went over Block Island. We got tropical storm winds and heavy rains in Western Suffolk, actually lost power for 12 hours
- 1,596 replies
-
- hurricane gusts
- flooding rains
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Elizabethtown..beautiful area! Wish I was back on the Island this weekend for the hurricane..Anyway be safe Long Islanders
- 1,596 replies
-
- 2
-
-
-
- hurricane gusts
- flooding rains
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Living out here in Central PA, I am now a spectator..What do the winds look like at landfall?
- 1,596 replies
-
- hurricane gusts
- flooding rains
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Has there ever been a hurricane who heads directly west in our lattitude?..I know Sandy did that but that wasn't pure tropical.
-
That would be the hottest heatwave ever for NYC...that's not happening or at least I hope it doesn't lol
-
Try 103 degrees with a dewpiont of 80..July 15th 1995..the hottest day I ever experienced
- 1,171 replies
-
- 2
-
-
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
Amazing since 2014 we have had 3 Christmas with temps over 60.I don't know if it's bad luck or global warming or both. -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
7 days out..I'd be surprised if that was the correct solution.Man you love to show warm maps lol I don't think I ever seen you post a cold model run -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
Euro has MJO going into 8 and 1 around Christmas,,In the COD but still a big change.GFS has it in 6 and 7 -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
There have been La Nina patterns that do produce snow here, however you need NAO to go negative..If that's not happening your out of luck -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
Because long range forecasting is so inaccurate. Follow models up to 7 days and stay off social media, you might keep your sanity .Or move to a snowy climate ..It would be nice to have snow for the holidays ,but that never happens, so that's life and global warming .Plus you have no control at all. -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
the greatest 3 year snow droughts in my life 1989-1992 1997-2000 2018-2021?..I really believe we will see over 20 inches this year to avoid putting this in the top 3 -
When winter was winter.One of the biggest arctic outbreaks of the 20th century
-
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
sorry lol..7,8 1 and 2 -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
Question about MJO.I know some of us on the board claim it's the determining factor in determining weather in the east.Then why was it in phase8,9 and 1 in November and we got record breaking heat?Also some of our biggest snowstorms here have been unfavorable phases.Is just one factor or just part of the equation? -
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread
KEITH L.I replied to bluewave's topic in New York City Metro
69 and 76 it snowed Christmas night.Can we get a star for that? lol -
I've seen worse for early December, but that looks like an el nino map instead of La Nina..it should be totally reversed..cold Canada,trough in the west,ridge in the east if it was La Nina
-
SE ridge has helped us with snowstorms in the last decade. In the 60's 70's and 80's we had quite a few fish storms.So a SE ridge can be helpful at times
-
40 days till winter actually begins.Much can change.Rather have a crap pattern now then late December
-
60's was great for snow around Christmas..that's when I grew up so I thought all Christmas's were snowy and white..lol..little did I know.I guess my expectations took a dive the next 50 years
-
Shows you how rare pre Christmas,Christmas major snowfalls are rare..we went from Dec 69 to Dec 95 without one
-
93-94 and 95-96 was great..March 93 had the blizzard..and really that was it basically
-
There was a mix of rain and snow at the time of the crash..rainstorm on the 22nd wiped out most of the snowcover on the coast..snow showers Christmas eve
-
Summer Place was #1 in March 1960..the Dion song was Where Or When..December 1960 Elvis was # 1 with Are You Lonesome Tonight..there were tons of instrumentals on the chart with Exodus,Wondeland By Night and Last Date
-
Think Dec 47 was correctly forecasted..I was born 11 years later,so who knows
