It's actually supposed to be "Patience young grasshopper" but we will let Ginx slide on that one. Grasshopper are easily disturbed, mantis are calm and deadly.
Kung-Fu was a fun show, I grew up watching it with my dad in the 70's. Carradine actually had very little experience before being cast as the star. The producers turned down Bruce Lee as the lead.
I am 52 and realized I was out of shape and I needed to tighten up. (thanks beer!) So, after not practicing for more than 10 years I got back into kung fu!
Very small group (5 people) with an awesome, dynamic 30 something teacher. I’m very sore the next day but I’m going to see it through for years to come hopefully.
Next weekend looks tenuous at best, probably a whiff. Really need to get beyond mid-month to see a more favorable set-up for storm chances. It certainly looks like January is going to come in AN in the temp department unless we get some anomalous cold towards the end of the month. The next week looks boring, hopefully get some sunshine out this way to soften the ice pack.
Don't forget tele is just a type of turn, not a rule. I haven't put the free-heelers on in a few years but I always used to switch off between tele turns and parallel turns depending on how things felt on a particular trail.
Followed by the whoa is weenie posts “we are halfway through met winter blah blah, sun angle blah blah, always 10 days away, blah blah, bring on spring blah blah blah.“
enjoy the weather it’s the only weather you’ve got!