Early December last year was decent...17" or so in that one event with about 27" for the month. Then it went downhill. The past two years have been under-performing but most winters are decent with good latitude for SWFEs and great coastal blizzards. Being close to the water can hurt sometimes but not always. Where in Hampton are you? I grew up in N. Hampton.
Looks cold enough to retain some of my meager pack this weekend despite the rain and wait for some chances next week. Better than what had been advertised a few days ago.
If you like "in the rough" lobster, Chauncey Creek over in Kittery does a nice job. Haven't been there in years so not sure if they've softened to appease the tourists but it was mostly bring your own everything except the lobster and maybe steamers.
I remember visiting the Admiral Peary Museum of arctic exploration at Bowdoin some time back in the early 90s. Just made me think of how crazy those people were trying to get to the North Pole, let alone the South Pole, with such low-tech equipment.
I have a distinct memory of a report on NBC nightly news from some time in the 80s where they said Mount Washington recorded a wind chill of -200. I'd have to think the -107 is more likely but maybe I'll try to find it in the archives somewhere.
I'm afraid if I go snow blow now that band just to the west is going to drop another 6 before morning. Seems like it wants to slowly come east. 30F, light-mod snow