Finally some beautiful weather starting tomorrow for a few days. Dig those shorts back out!
Here a few miles S of Prince Frederick we got 2.9 inches from the system a week ago, and about a half inch from the noreaster. Aug and Sept have been great after months of severe drought.
2.9 inches total, all with light to occasionally mod rain. Absolutely perfect!
Now I'm looking forward to the luscious weather later this week into the weekend. Get ready to fire up those grills!
I'm thinking your area does well with tonight/tomorrow's system with winds out of the ENE. Usually, you're in a rain shadow but that setup with moist air pushing against the mountains might be nice for you.
I am enjoying one last sunny day before four straight dark, wet, cool days coming up. The best rain amounts with this pattern should be the normal rain shadow areas east of the mountains - that means you Stephens City!
I also like the look of the northward moving stuff over southern VA. Hope it holds together for later. It would be real nice if Sept cooperates so that the last two months of summer were above average rainfall
I slept through it but woke up to 1.8 in the gauge! Glad we didn't lose power - it seems to happen easily here. If you haven't seen it, check out the video of the Navy yard in the severe thread. WOW