Jump to content

IrishRob17

Members
  • Posts

    11,827
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IrishRob17

  1. Agreed, it does meet the NWS definition of first frost (low of 36-32) so that's how it goes down in my books. I also track the much more subjective first visible frost, still waiting to log that for me. My average First Frost date is 10/12 so a little early this year.
  2. I saw a couple yards on the way into work with some light frost on the lawns but that was it.
  3. I know there are a few other college football fans here, what do they do with the Georgia Bama game Saturday night? And Gameday for that matter. I would think today (maybe tomorrow?) they have to decide if they do anything.
  4. Got to 34.5° here, up to 35° now. Good news for the leaves.
  5. Agreed, lots of leaves. I remember one year as a teenager I stuffed an old pair of jeans with leaves and had the jeans protruding from a bigger pile of leaves next to our walkway. On Halloween night I swapped out those jeans with myself, upper body buried under the leaves. As I was laying there little kids were trick or treating so I just remained still as to not scare them. Then two teenage girls I knew from the neighborhood came up the walkway. I laid still as they walked past to the front door, trying not to laugh as one said to the other "It looks so real!" Then as they walked past me after getting their loot I kicked my leg over onto the walkway and I rose up through the pile of leaves that I was under. They were screaming as they ran away down the street... Low of 38 this morning, 56/34 currently, we'll see about some frost, perhaps a quick freeze, tomorrow morning.
  6. Hoping that all that rain in September isn't going to muck up the leaves, the sugars in my yard have blight. The weather this week should help in general.
  7. Yeah, that’s a big problem around here. From what I understand many of the crops themselves are insured but the lost revenue from all the agritainment is not.
  8. Up to 1.37" for the storm and 5.79" for the month. The radar indicates I should pass 6" for September.
  9. I agree, I have confidence that @rclab could do it. In some events there would be an interesting difference between Central Park and the Embassy in Brooklyn.
  10. Yeah, there’s an impressive, and annoying, amount of shredded leaves and twigs covered everything. Needed to use the blower on my windshield. Up to .53” with much less wind now and constant drizzle/mist.
  11. .35” here, lots of smaller branch’s, 4-6’ long, down in the yard and driveway.
  12. https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=OKX&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off
  13. I don't want to jinx us by talking about OC, a lot of Ulster came back online already.
  14. Not odd for Ulster with elevation and lots of forest.
  15. Sorry to hear that. I can relate, had one fall on my house during the 5/15/18 severe outbreak. No fun but glad it sounds like you are ok but it makes a lasting not so fun memory. Best of luck with the repairs.
  16. KDIX is down, was that already discussed here? Anyone know why and how long? Edit: It went down this morning for an unknown reason, at least that’s what I’ve found so far.
  17. Orange County recently posted this in an attempt to get people to understand them better.
  18. I’d be surprised if he comes back this season. Sure, his foot wasn’t planted but that was still a terrible blow to his leg, bending the way it shouldn’t. I don’t see Winston improving all that much even with getting all the snaps in practice. Oh well.
  19. Yeah the radar was deceiving, it was a steady light rain until late in the day here, 1.28" total.
  20. Up to 1.21” on the day with a drizzle/mist now.
  21. A steady soaking here too, up to .95
×
×
  • Create New...