Jump to content

Stormchaserchuck1

NO ACCESS TO PR/OT
  • Posts

    5,653
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stormchaserchuck1

  1. 64yd FG! His longest all of last season was 52yds. Tucker's NFL record for a while was 66yds.
  2. ^5-1-3 Opposite for + Oct NAO states. About matches the 80-year composite which is 55% opposite.
  3. I mean do they have to be going for it from their own 10 with 1:00 up 21-7 and getting the ball in the 2nd half? I get the aggressiveness last week was good but not against TEN and Home lol
  4. Yeah, but they have so many positive things happening? They are beating the spread for the game in the 1st half.
  5. The last 5 years had -NAO Octobers. The last 5 years had +NAO Winters (CPC).
  6. NAO has a pretty good opposite correlation between October and the Winter. It's the only month of the year where that is true! Actually since "discovering that" in 2005, it's flipped 13/22 times - monitoring it future-tense vs past-tense. The last 5 years had -NAO Octobers. The last 5 years had +NAO Winters Lowest NAO Winter on record, 09-10, had a +1.51 Oct NAO. The Pacific usually holds the same pattern between Oct and the Winter, although sometimes in El Nino's the EPO flips historically, not sure if that's true over more examples.
  7. 23-24 is a good analog because we don't have enough data! I think you're the one who posted about every Strong+ El Nino since the 1800s having positive or neutral PDO until 2023. The PDO has surprisingly high correlation number with US conditions historically. For the whole year it's almost the same as ENSO! Giving ENSO 0.55 and PDO 0.45 makes 23-24 the best analog since the 1800s, not to mention that since 2012/2013, recent analogs have worked much better than far-away ones.
  8. October is not ending up like 2018, 2019, 2023.. They were cold in the Rockies and Midwest. Looks like opposite pattern is setting up this Oct
  9. Our most recent severe cold/snow Winters in October If you take out 2014 because that Winter had a record breaking ridge over the West, the October composite is much colder.
  10. I don't see why having snow in October would be a bad thing. Would you rather it be 80 in October? People here run away with a small matching number of statistics. You see this especially with Super Nino analogs.
  11. I was going to say, I haven't seen this much activity non Winter since 2005 lol
  12. Thankfully you can drive 9 hours to 300" of snowfall a Winter, or a few hours to the mountains.
  13. Maybe we'll get a surprise -nao for the Winter. It's felt cool lately, in Sept I had 3 straight nights in the 40s and an early end to Summer locally for the 3rd straight year. I keep saying, hard to believe it can't cool down 30 more degrees for the Winter. The last 2 years had these late Summer/Sept patterns too, and they got cold for the Winter. With the east-based Nino/-PDO completely unfavorable for cold, I keep thinking where would it come from? Maybe the NAO?
  14. DCA _ NYC _ BOS _ ORD _ ATL _ IAH _ DEN _ PHX _ SEA +0.7 +0.7 +0.5 +0.9 +0.9 +1.1 +2.5 +1.8 +1.5
  15. In the whole picture I'm not seeing H5 similarities to 1997 and 2015.
  16. No, May-June-July-Aug NAO was -0.75 per month, that comes out to -0.07/month for DJFM, or DJFM total of -0.28, based on 75 years. Weak correlation, but generally those 4 months negative then Oct pos is an interesting point for more winter -nao tendency.
  17. May, June, Aug, Sept NAO total was -3.00.. -0.75/mo. 3/4 months negative. I think the overall correlation from -0.75 MJJA to DJFM is -0.07/8 lol.
  18. Not with this. -PDO is cold water in the GOA. This is also anti-El Nino October
  19. It looks like May-Aug NAO was -0.75/month and if October ends up +.. that is a formula for a more -NAO Winter. Plus since 2012 90N May-Sept SLP has reverse for the Winter every time, and it was strong neg anomaly this Summer.
  20. Yeah, October is the only month of the year that has an opposite correlation to DJFM NAO. I don't know if that's true given 250+ years of examples though.
  21. I was 15, keeping a weather journal. Only year I ever did one. Picked one hell of a year for that huh! I was looking back and there was snow 4x in October, but it could have been flurries, or even just flakes
  22. Looks slightly negative overall.. with seasonal models. I just don't know that I think we are in a -NAO time right now
  23. You got it with those correlation maps.. lack of a SE trough accentuates SE Canada ridge, or extends it south. The issue I think is - what is the Pacific pattern in that circumstance? It may favor a ridge NE of Japan or west-based -PNA with the NPH area off the West coast (most impacted region of east-based Nino) having a negative anomaly. I don't think the EPO and WPO are big parts of the ENSO/PDO, a little more random further north than what we are discussing. Negative EPO could come to our rescue this Winter but that index is the hardest to predict seasonally.
  24. EPS with a >5940dm ridge south of the Aleutian islands at Hr 360 It's completely backed of the <-250dm at D10.. now models have like -150dm max and the pattern only lasts 3-4 days
  25. Locally. I just had 3 consecutive nights in the 40s. No major heatwaves late Summer for the 3rd consecutive year.
×
×
  • Create New...