Jump to content

Tar Heel Snow

Members
  • Posts

    371
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tar Heel Snow

  1. Still waiting for precip on campus here in Chapel Hill
  2. Start of the lower-res NAM is looking waaaaarm bc of course
  3. What exactly is the ferrier snow equivalent? How is it different than kuchera?
  4. We really need an eyeroll reaction for this board lol
  5. “NAM is excellent at picking out warm noses.” I can still hear the effects of that Jan ’18 Storm where people ignored it.
  6. Also putting this here bc it's not really sanitarium material but that seems to be the only banter thread we actually have going
  7. "With glooowing hearts we seeee thee rise, the true north strong and freeeee. From faaar and wide o Caaaanada, we stand on guaard for theeeee!"
  8. First time I can remember not even having a legitimate threat to seeing a flake. That said, yes patterns as a whole have changed, but many people on this board could use a lesson in recency bias.
  9. For sure! You never know. Just discouraging, but we can stay hopeful!
  10. This is just...sad. I figured I’d at least get a flake this year. Crazy things can happen but, oof.
  11. I'm not even disappointed in the fairly long possibility of snow falling apart; more so that the signs were pointing to having at least some signals to track in the next couple of weeks. I suppose we'll have to wait a little while before we get any hot threads! EDIT: The past two winter finals seasons I've been able to procrastinate studying by checking the forums; I was counting on that again!
  12. North south gradient so tight I’m glad I live on north campus lol
  13. Let's hope we have a similar story. Thanks for the insight!
  14. Seems about the same for south Orange County.
  15. This. The run is not good. And is s serious red flag. But I want to wait for another few runs before I start calling off hope for my area and in general.
  16. 12z Fv3 finished out...will the 18z run at all delayed or will it be skipped?
  17. The western triangle (I.e. Durham and chapel hill) are still really looking like the dividing line. Gonna be close as of now. Still a long way to go.
  18. My word this western triangle cutoff is brutal right now. Glad I'm not home in Raleigh for winter break yet...
  19. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess we'll just have to keep watching.
×
×
  • Create New...